Charity challenge enduro or end to end event

flybywire
flybywire Posts: 575
edited January 2010 in MTB rides
Yes, I know it's a cliche Jan 1st and a new challenge ..

We're relatively fit and up for a challenge with a group of 4 riders. Any suggestion for events in Southern England, Midlands or Wales ?. (include IOW)

The aim is to raise money for an aid visit to Uganda which supports a regional hospital and township in August this year. So complete event or events by end of May would be ideal.

Enduro >12hr or end to end rides would be ideal. Anyone recommend a mud fest that could be entered with separate team sponsorship?

Comments

• flybywire
    I understand the 2010 Bigwight challenge has not been confirmed yet after last years cancellation by Trailquest..

Any other suggestions? Who's raised money for their own charity and taken part in a well organised team endurance event that would be recommended?
  • hi, i am organising a trans pennine trail route at the end of august, so it may be a bit late for you. 4 days each way, 430 miles. thats going to be for charity of your choice.

ill update you with any details if you wish.

im also looking at doing the c2c from whitehaven in a couple of months if its of interest.
    :D
  • flybywire
    Thanks for advising about trans pennine in August, that's sounds ideal although too late for us.

Whitehaven C2C is of interest, Do you know who organises that event?

Thanks matey :)
  • me and my mate can sort it out. ill get the info from sustrans for you. should take 2 to 3 days.