Specialized Allez Sport

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I have just ordered the Allez sport on the bike to work scheme. Does anyone else use one these. Its going to be my new winter/commuter bike. Just after some opinions. I thought it was quite a nice ride and felt quite light. Just curious as to how the sora groupset is going to hold up once I start giving it some hammer over the yaer to come. Cheers Tony. P.s. Happy new year to you all.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    It's absolutely fine. You're not after anything glamorous for winter riding/commuting, so it doesn't matter if it's not the lightest (good training). Fwiw, my sister's used the women-specific version in an Ironman.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Absolutely agree, but with our winters I still think that a decent bike is needed. Thanks for the reply mate.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've got an Allez, built up with a selection of random componentry.
    As a commuter, it's fine. In many ways, I prefer it to my nicer road bike for commute duties. It's just better suited.

Winter shouldn't kill the groupset. Just keep it clean.
    As with pretty much all bikes ridden in winter, make sure anything that's likely to seize is loosened and re-lubed regularly. Worthwhile doing for summer bikes, too.