how to work the giant co2 inflater -_-

johnman
johnman Posts: 7
edited January 2010 in MTB general
right, am i being stupid or something. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the adapter over the valve. ive got schrader valves, and this is what im trying to use:

Giant-gas-hi.jpg

basically, my problem is that the rubber seal in the adapter cant fit over the valve.

thanks, John.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Is it Presta only? Alternatively, it may need some reassembly in order to take a Schraeder, with some bits put in the opposite way around.
  • hmm, not sure, its says its for both valves. ill have a better look to see if i can change some bits round, but if i can i dont think its gonna be too easy.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    johnman wrote:
    right, am i being stupid or something. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the adapter over the valve. ive got schrader valves, and this is what im trying to use:

Giant-gas-hi.jpg

basically, my problem is that the rubber seal in the adapter cant fit over the valve.

thanks, John.

Did you buy that from a shop or via mail order ??? and have you tried on your friends bikes or on other tyres you have ?

Am getting the impression it only works on selected tyre valves and if so should have been clearly stated on the packaging
  • ye, it was a christmas present, but it says on the packaging that it works for both valves, and i dont think there are two types of adapters available.

ah well ill see if my LBS can sort me out otherwise its another present destined to be lost down the back of the desk.

cheers
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    On pumps, the head unscrews to allow you to change the valve type round. Is there no manual or packaging?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • nope, it just says on the front and back:

-compatible with all threaded threaded co2 type cartridges
    -presta and schrader valve compatable
    -includes 1, 16g threaded co2 cartridge
    -user friendly press and release operation

the only way i can see to change the adapter round is by pressing it in and taking off a circlip, but it seems like not a very easy thing to do if its supposed to be compatible with both valves.

it shouldnt matter that the cartridge isnt screwed in yet is it? just asking the obvious!
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    johnman wrote:
    nope, it just says on the front and back:

-compatible with all threaded threaded co2 type cartridges
    -presta and schrader valve compatable
    -includes 1, 16g threaded co2 cartridge
    -user friendly press and release operation

the only way i can see to change the adapter round is by pressing it in and taking off a circlip, but it seems like not a very easy thing to do if its supposed to be compatible with both valves.

it shouldnt matter that the cartridge isnt screwed in yet is it? just asking the obvious!
    i never screw cartridge in untill needed as they dont always hold there pressure.