On Topic: Tomorrow Morning

2»

Comments

• benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Happy New Year everyone.

It all went to plan and I managed to stick to a few drinks, the pizza's were great.

Time to reset the mileometer and get out there :D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Benno68 wrote:
    Time to reset the mileometer and get out there :D

Well said. It's On, everyone. :twisted: :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Clever Pun wrote:
    dont really get hangovers

+1

I just feel a bit sleepy.
    With great seriousness, right now I hate the both of you. Not as much as I hate the smug non-booze twats tho.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Oh, and while I'm at it - happy new year.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

+1

With great seriousness, right now I hate the both of you. Not as much as I hate the smug non-booze twats tho.

I'd rather be a smug non-booze tw@t, I'm feeling great this morning - nah nah nah nah nah! :D:D:D

Get well soon Brun :)

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Well it has been a more or less alcohol free Xmas an New Year for me. Not to put a downer on things but the wound in my leg where I had 6 stitches after the bike crash in November flared up and got infected so I've been on antibiotics (hence v little alcohol) since 22nd of Dec or something. 1st dosage didn't work so now I'm on a 2nd lot. Doctor was worried that they weren't working and sent a swab from the wound off for analysis. All I could think was OMG it's MRSA and I'm going to have to have my leg lopped off at the knee. Thankfully it actually seems to be getting a bit better now. But anyway, I had a couple of glasses of bubbly last night and a small glass of red wine.
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

+1

Well, I started drinking at about 7:30pm, the pub ran out of smirnoff ice (I know) at about 3:30am and we got a kebab, walked home through the snow, then started on the whisky (I hid the nice stuff) and went to bed at 5.

And yet I feel fine, just a little sleepy.

Weird. :P
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

+1

As a non-drinker, I am certainly not smug about it (I am of course missing certain heath benefits from moderate alcohol consumption), and I enjoy the company of people who do like a drink or three, your good selves included. So if I knew a good hangover cure, you'd have it...!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I drank the equivalent of all the entire Royal Navy's annual alcohol consumption, woke up with a clear head feeling rather happy with myself I went for "two" bike rides :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Slightly dazed this morning, but well enough to go climbing up a Welsh hillside and get some great photos!

The ones of the abandoned Beemer and the van that had gone off the road and tumbled down the hillside were particuarly notable :?

I managed to get up to the section where the snow was knee high... I'm glad I got no further as apparently it got to chest high further up! :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter