Pro Lite Como Wheels

Gazzetta67
Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
edited December 2009 in Road buying advice
Looking for a cheap set of wheels for my Winter Bike - are these good wheels, the price of £100 sound quite good - anyone know of Quest wheels called Como ?? seen reviews but cant find any place who sell them. cheers

Comments

• I've just bought some Pro-Lite Luciano wheels from Ribble for my winter bike. Stunning looking wheels. I think the original price was £199. If you buy before 4th January they are £111 with free delivery. Much lighter than the Pro-Lite Como wheels.
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    I have a pair of Quest comos- done a thousand miles without needing a tweak and I'm no lightweight. The Quest ones are the same as the Prolite version.

Thought about a pair of the Lucianos as the hubs are better quality and presumably the rims too?
  • CTank
    CTank Posts: 46
    I use my Quest Como's for commuting. Their not the lightest wheels, or the best looking. But they are, to coin a cliche, bombproof. I weigh 15 stone, but they haven't needed any adjustment or attention at all after a couple of thousand miles commuting across London.

Good value, and recommended.
  • I've had quest como for a couple of years - excellent value and very strong.

You get them from:

http://www.questbikes.co.uk/
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Heavy heavy heavy. Bought some then sold them. I can't recommend them. But they are cheap.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Cheers Guy`s Had a look on Quest website but had only Campag,Corima etc
    like the look of both wheelsets 16stone so need bombproof wheels :shock:
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Well just get the Prolite ones from Ribble. They are the same wheel.Good price too.
  • CTank
    CTank Posts: 46
    Talk about tempting fate! Changing an inner tube on these today, broke a spoke leaning on it. Can't blame the wheel, more my clumsiness.