carrera fury can anyone help?

sh4z77
sh4z77 Posts: 15
edited January 2010 in MTB beginners
can anyone help me out. i purchaced a 2010 carrera fury yesterday an got a little red plastic key with it? does anybody know what this key is for as ive lost it already! :cry:

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Its the key to turn the immobiliser off.
  • sh4z77
    cheers chap this may be a silly question but what is an immobiliser on a bike and where is it found on the bike?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I think Briggo may be joking.

Is it a spacer to go between the disc pads when you remove the wheels to stop the pistons coming out too far when you accidentally operate the levers? (If so, there should be 2).
  • sh4z77
    that would make sense thanks
  • Where is the fury 2010 for sale i have not seen it anyweher
  • sh4z77
    sorry got my years mixed up it a 2009 model
  • I got a 2009 model in the sale last summer, or spring (I can't remember now), and I don't remember getting any kind of key with it. Unless it was the 2008 model that was on sale, maybe someone can confirm that? As pointed out though, you should have spacers in the brakes, between the pads.
  • sh4z77
    ill check the spacers butcher. how do you get on with your bike btw?
  • It's a nice bike. Bit heavy on the flats, though I think the tyres may be partly to blame for that. But good and solid downhill. I haven't been out on it enough to be honest, maybe 2010 will be different!
  • The red key is to secure the brake pads (i've got this bike too). If you have a look in the bike manuals for the Avid Juicy brakes it explains how you use it.

If you didn't get the manual you can download it from their website.

Regards

Mark
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • sh4z77
    cheers mark when i asked at halfords about it they didnt really know what i was on about! Can get them to order me a new one now :D
  • wardy235
    wardy235 Posts: 106
    no halfords do it weird a 2010 model for other makes is a 09 model for carreras