OT - iPhone contacts

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
My old phone was a Samsung.

I don't have contacts on Outlook.

I now have an iPhone.

How do I get the phone to either show the contacts on the Sim-card or copy over the contacts in a quick and simply manner.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Bluetooth, send contacts over as vCards?
  • DonDaddyD
    Can you do all in one go?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Ditch those old friends and make new ones :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Sheep :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Can you do all in one go?

Depends on your old phone, I think.
  • Does your work email use Exchange Server? Do you use Outlook as your email client?

If either is "yes", best bet is to get your Sammy contacts onto a PC and imported into Outlook. Any BT or wifi means to shove your contacts to your PC from teh Sammy?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    Does your work email use Exchange Server? Do you use Outlook as your email client?

If either is "yes", best bet is to get your Sammy contacts onto a PC and imported into Outlook. Any BT or wifi means to shove your contacts to your PC from teh Sammy?

Or...

spend the day writing them down on some A4 paper and entering them onto your new phone. Which is what I would do. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I just plugged my iPhone into my mac and everything was set up. Email, contacts, WiFi, everything. Quite scary actually. 8)
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I never did get my contacts off my SIM and onto my iPhone. By the time I'd realised the iPhone refused to read the SIM contacts list, it was too late; I could no longer use the SIM to get my D500 connected to the network (and it wouldn't show me my contacts without being connected).

In the end, I just started a new contacts list. =/ Still, it probably needed pruning anyway.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • cjcp wrote:
    spend the day writing them down on some A4 paper and entering them onto your new phone. Which is what I would do. :)

But then you a technical wizard - who wears ACG sandals and eats muesli... 8)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Does your work email use Exchange Server? Do you use Outlook as your email client?

Or...

i haven't done that in ooh ten years now? as all the phones nokia/apple/etc have just synced to the mac.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Greg66 wrote:

You have no idea what any of that means, do you?

Overheard someone from IT did you?, sigh! it's very sad when the oldies try to be trendy :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

You have no idea what any of that means, do you?

Overheard someone from IT did you?, sigh! it's very sad when the oldies try to be trendy :roll:

Oh, hahahha. My sides. They're going to split. No, really. They are.

DDD, if you want to learn how to send emails to yourself, listen to ITB. He's magic top-hole fella-me-lad at that.

Otherwise, just remember that saying about being in the land of the blind... :twisted: :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:

But then you a technical wizard - who wears ACG sandals and eats muesli... 8)

Exactly. 8) (Not museli, but oaty crunchy stuff.)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    [half arsed barely useful answer]

i had to do this last rear (loved the d500). i think i used the software that came with the samsung to download the contacts from the d500, then imported them into the mac address book. then synced i=phone with mac.

can't remember if i needed to do any editing/tweaking or not....

then again i may be mis-remembering, and this is what i tried to do but failed.....

[/half arsed barely useful answer]
  • DonDaddyD
    Gonna do Greg's suggestion. Move the Sim-contacts onto Outlook via Sammy and move them onto the iPhone when connected.

Thanks.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    good luck with that

copy all your contacts to your old sim, put old sim in iphone and transer from sim. put new sim in iphone and you're done

if you've just moved to O2 this merhod is way more complicated
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:
    good luck with that

copy all your contacts to your old sim, put old sim in iphone and transer from sim. put new sim in iphone and you're done

if you've just moved to O2 this merhod is way more complicated

Thank you. Thank you!
    Food Chain number = 4