New year resolutions

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited December 2009 in The bottom bracket
Do any of you lot bother making any, and if you do/have in the past have you stuck to them?
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Don't normally bother, but I might this year. I don't bother because I normally wouldn't stick to them.

This year if I get them down on paper I may stick to them.
  • I've never seen the point of them. I mean, why wait until Jan 1st to make any changes to your life? why not do it whenever necessary regardless of the date on the calendar?
  • I'm going to stop making love to Cheryl Cole, don't think I'll struggle sticking to that one. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    I've never seen the point of them. I mean, why wait until Jan 1st to make any changes to your life? why not do it whenever necessary regardless of the date on the calendar?

It works for me but I know what you mean. I like knowing that I can get something out of my system and then from this date I'm doing it differently.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    It is the absolute worst time of the year for will-power. It is cold. It is dark. There is all kinds of food and drink lying around from Christmas. You have to go back to work. :(

I'd move the whole thing to the first of April (or October for the Southern Hemisphere) when you have a fightling chance of staying resolute. 8)

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    I'm having to scran a massive tin of Quality Street and drink 2 crates of beer before waking up on 1 Jan to remove temptation!
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Roscobob wrote:
    I'm having to scran a massive tin of Quality Street and drink 2 crates of beer before waking up on 1 Jan to remove temptation!

+1

Brought a smile that did.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Roscobob wrote:

You can seen me the strawberry ones if it helps :wink:
    bagpuss
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    never done it, it can be my resolution this year to have a resolution
    Justice for the 96