I can still see snow from my window

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
It was raining earlier but has now changed to snow, pretty heavy snow too.

Which is just typical. The first year in at least 4 that I actually want it to be dry weather and we get the worst snow for 20 years :(

What's it like for everyone else, snow still around.

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Nothing in London, but it's wet. Lord knows London couldn't survive another day of snow/ice, we'd have to shut up shop til end of January :roll:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Snow yesterday - rain today - still odd patches of snow about
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Rain here followed by hailstones (Glasgow Centre) Now sun...... 8)
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Snow ovenight, rain all day, snow forecast for this evenin. I'm in the car today, sod that for a game.

maybe tomorrow.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Oh come on prawny, I haven't missed a day on my clown bike :) feels like I'm the only one cycling in Birmingham! Seriously it hasn't been that bad, wet but ok :)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I know I'm a wuss!

It was really bad out my way this morning though. I set out on my MTB to get a train but it nearly killed me! Hopefully I'll be out tomorrow but the chester road it scary when there's slush at the sides. I should probably move out of the sticks 8)

I actually think you may be the only one cycling in brum at the mo. If I see you tonight I'll give you a beep from my nice warm (slightly ghey) car.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • snow's gone from the ground but the wind riding home tonight, for gods sake, I've been tacking and pedalling hard downhill just not to be blown to a stop, homicidal gusts throwing me every which way as well, its taken me twice as long as normal to get home and I'm absolutely shattered from effort of fighting into it.

and they can shove the snow & hail up their a**e too, smacking into my face all the way.
  • I was so happy when it rained today. The thought of the rain melting and washing away this ice was brilliant. Then came the though of the rain water just freezing. :(

My little cul-de-sac is nothing but ice at the moment. I need to walk for a few minutes just to see some tarmac as well!
  • Wallace1492
    White Line wrote:
    I was so happy when it rained today. The thought of the rain melting and washing away this ice was brilliant. Then came the though of the rain water just freezing. :(

My little cul-de-sac is nothing but ice at the moment. I need to walk for a few minutes just to see some tarmac as well!

Snap!! Do you live next door to me?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    White Line wrote:
    I was so happy when it rained today. The thought of the rain melting and washing away this ice was brilliant. Then came the though of the rain water just freezing. :(

Snap!! Do you live next door to me?
    It must be the entire central belt that's like that. The square out front of us is the same although it now has a nice fresh layer of snow on top of the ice.
  • Wallace1492
    To make matters worse, my waste water pipe from my sink is now blocked. Not sure why, but has been since the bad freezing. Going to wait till the freezing stops to asses the problem. Toilet waste is OK, thank god.

However, I have the pipe below the sink disconnected and it flows into a bucket.

Means I have to slop out each day, but what the hell.

I have a real Victorian Kitchen, do the washing up, drain the sink, then open the back door and chuck it out. Lovely.
  • My brother reports from south of edinburgh that its still chuffin cold with snow from week or so ago then ice with a nice topping of snow from few days ago. Silly bugger is braving Princes St in this weather!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    The forecast is snow but I see nothing, oh wait i'm blind.... drunk! :P

Tiz savagely cold though
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.