Bike Insurance

batfink82
batfink82 Posts: 27
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Hi guys before I replace my stolen bikes i'm trying to find a better insurance policy. Previously I have covered my bikes through my More Than contents insurance. But they are a real pain in the a*se when it comes to replacing the bikes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 'good' bike insurers?? I will be locking the bikes to a concrete wall using an Almax Immobiliser IV chain and Squire padlock. This will all be contained within a home made steel security bunker.

I really just want an insurer that will give me fair value for my bikes and allow me to choose the replacement and add money so that i can upgrade if I want. More Than use a valuation company that would only give me a Gary Fisher Piranha in replacement for my Specialized Rockhopper. They are really useless.

Thanks!

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Evans looked ok when i read up on it.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    I have mine covered under the house insurance as a single item cycle which is even covered for damage / theft etc when away from the house...

I'm with Esure - pretty impressed, they beat my renewal quote by over £200 :lol:
    It's been a while...
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    You don't have to accept what they offer.
    I didn't and my insurance company gave me an extra £100 on the cheque they paid out instead of them finding me a new bike.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Marks and Spencers.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I was with direct line when my bikes were nicked and was happy with the service. They passed it over to Wheelies Direct who had a large selection and did a "more than fair" valuation of my old Rockhopper. Could "top up" the amount to get a better bike too.
  • Sorry to hijack the thread but have you guy's that have claimed had a massive hike in the renewal premium? Just had mine stolen and going through the claim process