Forum home Road cycling forum Tours, routes, audaxes & organised rides Sportives/audaxes/training rides

Dragon Ride - anyone able to enter online?

jugglerjuggler Posts: 417
Maybe it's me otherwise they have employed a bunch of muppets to build the website...

Posts

  • Entered this afternoon. No problems then.
  • jugglerjuggler Posts: 417
    ok i'll have another go...
  • jugglerjuggler Posts: 417
    i get to step 3 - Checkout and it says:

    "Verify the information you have entered and click Finish Your Registration"

    but the only buttons are Enter, Home, Contact

    ....... retract all i said there is a greyed out bar that you have to pull down to vie th lower halfe of the screen.... bearing in mind i am on a laptop with no mouse... p$ss poor desgin work....
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 24,086
    I entered OK, as did my friend.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • e999same999sam Posts: 447
    I had no problems.
  • juggler wrote:
    Maybe it's me otherwise they have employed a bunch of muppets to build the website...

    No problems here It must be you :wink:
  • nickwillnickwill Posts: 2,735
    I had no problems either!
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    edited January 2010
    juggler wrote:
    i get to step 3 - Checkout and it says:

    "Verify the information you have entered and click Finish Your Registration"

    but the only buttons are Enter, Home, Contact

    ....... retract all i said there is a greyed out bar that you have to pull down to vie th lower halfe of the screen.... bearing in mind i am on a laptop with no mouse... p$ss poor desgin work....

    No problems here.
  • greeny12greeny12 Posts: 759
    Wouldn't let me enter a second rider - just kept chucking me back saying my verification email (which was correct) didn't match the one I'd signed up with (which it did).

    Hope the organisation on the day is a bit better!!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

    If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • alp777alp777 Posts: 211
    Sold out already - wow! :o
  • jugglerjuggler Posts: 417
    yep that's pretty amazing hope the weather is as good as last year
  • ketsbaiaketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    greeny12 wrote:
    Wouldn't let me enter a second rider - just kept chucking me back saying my verification email (which was correct) didn't match the one I'd signed up with (which it did).

    Hope the organisation on the day is a bit better!!

    Fortunately, the second rider managed to sort his own entry out. :D
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Does anyone know if the 2010 Dragon is going to be doing Bronze, Silver and Gold times this year?
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I'm entered already but have 2 friends who missed the deadline, so if anyone wants to sell their spot can you please PM me?

    Thanks
  • believe that they are adding another 300 places, first come first served, on the 18th of Jan, according to the comic
    i'll ride anything, but I prefer carbon.......... she screamed!!

    www.sportivecentral.com
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    believe that they are adding another 300 places, first come first served, on the 18th of Jan, according to the comic

    Yeah, I know that. just trying to cover all the bases. Not sure the server will be able to cope when the 300 tickets go live..;-)
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Did anyone manage to grab one of these 300 places that were apparently released this morning at 9am? A couple of mates had the screen on constant refresh from 8:45 through to 9.30 and not once did they see the spaces released. Now it says all sold out.

    Update:

    After some faffing about with the website and a a phone call one of them has managed to get in.

    cheers
  • My girlfriend managed to get a ticket this morning (using a fast internet connection)
  • sampras38 wrote:
    Did anyone manage to grab one of these 300 places that were apparently released this morning at 9am? A couple of mates had the screen on constant refresh from 8:45 through to 9.30 and not once did they see the spaces released. Now it says all sold out.

    I'd guess they were refreshing the home page, which didn't change. You had to click "Enter Here" - the options to enter became available on this page at 9am. Can't believe that all 300 places went in 7 minutes!
  • sampras38sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    shipperz wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:
    Did anyone manage to grab one of these 300 places that were apparently released this morning at 9am? A couple of mates had the screen on constant refresh from 8:45 through to 9.30 and not once did they see the spaces released. Now it says all sold out.

    I'd guess they were refreshing the home page, which didn't change. You had to click "Enter Here" - the options to enter became available on this page at 9am. Can't believe that all 300 places went in 7 minutes!

    Cheers, we knew about the enter here page and kept refreshing it. One minute it said the long route was sold out, then it wasn't, then it was,,and it went on like this pretty much for half and hour. All academic now as he got in in the end.
  • sampras38 wrote:
    Did anyone manage to grab one of these 300 places that were apparently released this morning at 9am? A couple of mates had the screen on constant refresh from 8:45 through to 9.30 and not once did they see the spaces released. Now it says all sold out.

    Update:

    After some faffing about with the website and a a phone call one of them has managed to get in.

    cheers

    I did - at bang on 9am. At five to the option to enter (apart from hospitality) wasn't there, 9 on the dot it was.
Sign In or Register to comment.