Stupid question time

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited December 2009 in MTB beginners
I feel a flaming coming on here, but i need to ask the stupid question......... :roll:

Looking at these brakes, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=23049

I can see that there is 2 options:

Front - Post Mount - LH Lever
Front - Post Mount - RH Lever

Does this mean that you can put the front brake on the left hand side if you buy the Front - Post Mount - LH Lever?

Could somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks! :oops: :oops: :oops:
It's been a while...

Comments

• yep.

The French do things the wrong way round (as per usual) so you can either buy your brake with a left hand side specific lever or a right hand side specific lever :)
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    lol - thought as much... was thinking that could be nasty when you want to use a bit of back brake and forget where the levers are!!

:roll:
    It's been a while...
  • CFS
    CFS Posts: 124
    Americans/Canadians also have them the other way round.

I heard it was related to the side of the road you drive on, dunno though.

I did an endo on a Spesh in Banff when i thought I had pulled the back brake.
    Shot by both sides...
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Always thought it strange that motorcycle controls have standardised the world over with front brake on the right, but bicycles never quite got round to it.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Motorcycles only have one brake on the bars and use indicators. Bicycles in the UK (and most places that drive on the left) have the front brake on the right hand side because making a right turn is one of the hardest things to do in traffic. If you're signalling to turn right and you have to brake in an emergency you'll grab the left hand brake and not flip yourself over the bars.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    within 48 hrs of buying my bike , i switched the front brake to the left side.
    just felt more natural as a left-hander.
    :? weird :D