Marin Trail Conditions.......

Janbo25
Janbo25 Posts: 68
edited January 2010 in Routes
Thinking about heading over to the Marin Trail tomorrow but given that a lot of trails are currently affected with the snow and ice at the moment was wondering if anyone knows what it's like on the Marin??

Comments

• I hear (via STW forum) it's OK but don't trust me.

Please post up here on your return tomorrow with it's conditions please as we aim to head over on Wednesday :D
  • Think we are just going to play it safe and have a ride round Roman Lakes instead given the forecast of Heavy Snow
  • That forecast if for south Wales not North wales isn't it?
  • The forecast made it sound like it was for the whole of Wales so who knows???
  • Had a cracking day off pisting on and around the Marin and Llyn Elsi today. Mostly dry with occasional light showers/snow. :P
  • Thanks for that RB.

Hope it isn't as bad as the forecast as we are heading over tomorrow for 10.30.
  • John Moore wrote:
    Thanks for that RB.

Hope it isn't as bad as the forecast as we are heading over tomorrow for 10.30.

Forecast light rain for tommorrow in Betws area
  • Happy days, light rain means no ice up to the car park :lol:
  • Went today and i think a snowboard would of been more appropriate! Had lots of fun though and the scenery was awesome as its coated in a layer of snow and wish i had taken a camera. In some places about a foot of snow although the bikers before us had carved out a path so make sure u got some nice winter/grippy tyres and your warm gloves. Ascents(and decents unless your crazy enough :D) will be slower than usual so give some extra time for that. Road to car park was fairly icy but nobody seemed to struggle. Hope this helps to somebody wanting to go.
  • Forgot to update this post, sorry.

We went on Wednesday and took my camera.
    Take a look
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N ... 977895003/