Gloves

tolmie
tolmie Posts: 45
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Hi everyone, got my 1st bike in early december and looking to get a decent pair of gloves as my hands are freezing, can you send links to what you would all recommend.

Cheers

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Fox Antifreeze 2010 model, absolutely fantastic. Good for different conditions too because of the removable liner. Both layers for proper cold, outer layer for merely chilly.

jay12, neither of those you linked are warm gloves :?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Northwind wrote:
    jay12, neither of those you linked are warm gloves :?
    depends on his budget. most winter gloves are about £20 or more
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    They are warm gloves if you decide to MTFU. I was biking in the snow the other day with 661 comps are was fine, just keep moving your fingers every now and then
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    A.Palmer wrote:
    They are warm gloves if you decide to MTFU. I was biking in the snow the other day with 661 comps are was fine, just keep moving your fingers every now and then
    i have some £1 gloves which are reasonably warm. when it gets colder i just put them underneath and also they are thin so they fit under the glove
  • I bought some of these, warm any comfy and reasonably priced..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-FOX-360-GLOVE ... 3efaee7562
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • the rajis are a good autum/ spring glove but a bit cool for winter epics

they are so comfy tho
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • Northwind
    There's no shortage of £20 winter gloves :? If someone says their hands are cold, lets recommend them gloves which will help, rather than saying mtfu, shall we?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    A.Palmer wrote:

Damn you are one hard mother f***er! :lol:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... ing+Gloves

^ I like them. Winter and waterproof and they work. CRC has them in different sizes, ask them to price match but HoB were cool to deal with, execpt they are on holiday.
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    Northwind wrote:
    There's no shortage of £20 winter gloves :? If someone says their hands are cold, lets recommend them gloves which will help, rather than saying mtfu, shall we?

I thought that was the whole point of this forum?
  • Northwind
    Nah, that's STW ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I'm from New Zealand and I ride naked, except for my - ahem - helmet.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    anyways blankstare.gif
    one suggestion would be goretex snowboarding mittens with a zip pocket for a pair of hand warmers (dont know if disposable or reusable would be best). or these http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_Type/Gloves_and_Mitts/Super_Inferno_Mitt_Large_Black.html
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Specialized BG Sub Zero gloves, great for this time of year :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    i've got some smallish swarm neoprene gloves if you want them?
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    tolmie wrote:
    Hi everyone, got my 1st bike in early december and looking to get a decent pair of gloves as my hands are freezing, can you send links to what you would all recommend.

Cheers

Firstly when buyin clothes from a website never do ...

Because it's pointless no matter how much of a bargin it may be It's always best to try them on in the shop .. then you exactly know what your buying .. and what your happy with ..

Some may raise an eyebrow to the following ,.,

I've always found wearing a pair of disposable rubber gloves under my gloves pair works wonders ..
  • Ald, £3,better than endura strike, i had both
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
    Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
    Genisis Altitude 30, 09
    Giant XTC4, 04
  • Northwind
    I've got the Aldi ones and they're not close to as good as the Foxes.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    colintrav wrote:
    tolmie wrote:

Cheers

Firstly when buyin clothes from a website never do ...

Because it's pointless no matter how much of a bargin it may be It's always best to try them on in the shop .. then you exactly know what your buying .. and what your happy with ..

Some may raise an eyebrow to the following ,.,

I've always found wearing a pair of disposable rubber gloves under my gloves pair works wonders ..

People dont always have an LBS that stock all the gloves in the world to try on.

Secondly, disposable gloves, good for about 10 mins before your hand is swimming in sweat.
  • i bought a pair of tld ace 2010 which although they are lightweight and the top is mesh they kept my hands fairly warm today and would work very well with glove liners which you can for about a fiver at most outdoor shops

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I've just got a pair of Gore Cross Gore Tex gloves from probikekit.com for £30. seem good so far.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017