removing bar caps

JamesBrckmn
JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
edited December 2009 in MTB general
I have just got new bars for christmas, which didn't come with bar ends (not the extra bit to hold onto, the bit that covers the end of the bar) and i'm trying to get off the bar caps from the old bars, but it is very difficult. is there a certain way to take them off, or do i need to buy new ones, and if so can you recomend some?
Thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    is there a little allen key grub screw on them which needs loosening?

if not can you describe the caps you have plaes.
  • if they look like this 45583.jpg then allen key or cross head screw driver, undo the bolt then use a flat head screw driver to slowly lift the barend away from the bar in a shimmying action,

if they look like this:13362.jpg then ignore step one and get straight to the shimmying with flat screwdriver,

and if they look like this: 32043-4.jpg then there is a small allen key grub screw which will need to be undone and then they should easily slide off
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Thankyou both of you
    There is no type of screw on them they are just plain black plastic caps, not rubber, and have a smooth shiny surface
  • the're the second type then dude just prize them out!!
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!