Moving to Rome !

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
I just got an email from my company. From 2010 I will be working from Rome. It will be for around one year. This will be without the wife and kids......not that happy, but I guess I'm still in employment!

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I just got an email from my company. From 2010 I will be working from Rome. It will be for around one year. This will be without the wife and kids......not that happy, but I guess I'm still in employment!

I take it you'll be getting compensated with flights, extra hols to allow you to catch up with your family...
    True, you are still in employment, but lets hope that things start getting better, so you'll be in a stronger position next time you need to protest!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • so your employer can send you where they like away from your family

are you a slave?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    See it as an opportunity. After a year away from the bad weather, bad food, high prices and stress of the UK you may not want to go back..... :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • You're complaining? :shock:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    pottssteve wrote:
    See it as an opportunity. After a year away from the bad weather, bad food, high prices and stress of the UK you may not want to go back..... :wink:
    +1 for the above. Instead of you going back to the UK.When you have your holidays see if you can bring the wife and kids out to Rome, certainly something to look forward to..It,s also a chance to spend a year in one of the worlds most famous cities and get paid for it? :wink:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • you off all people mr sleazy should know that all roads lead to rome.
  • nicensleazy
    you off all people mr sleazy should know that all roads lead to rome.

Ah yes, good memory! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdeH5fc504
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Lucky git :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • nicensleazy
    Well, at least the weather will be better for training! :lol:
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Well, at least the weather will be better for training! :lol:

...and at least seven hills to climb. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • nicensleazy
    A few guys I know have told me to check this place out http://www.thealbert.it/ Anyone been there???
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ...will you be a peasant in the big sh!tty?....

Rome will be great but you'd better get the family updated on skype etc .
    mind the pickpockets....dont leave your bike for a second...in fact...dont look away, dont even blink !......sorry - got Dr Who on the brain this xmas

send us some cycling piccies from Rome

Mothyman
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    have a good one, Rome is lovely, spent 4 weeks there on a swap with some Italian Army bods. You can sit on the Spanish steps in summer and just drool........except when your Mrs visits, of course. :wink:
  • nicensleazy
    Thanks guys....much appreciated! :D
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    where's those Rome piccys sleazy?
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    It is always a good idea to learn the local language. I'm guessing that the first word you'll need to learn will be:

Stranglatori

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    May I suggest a new Italian steed, kitted out in Campag, so you fit in. 8)
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    So that will be Rome,in Italy, with good weather,beautiful girls/food/clothes/design, cheap railways that can take you to eg Milan/Como/Naples/Florence etc. Italy,home to lovely bikes and cycling mad people. I wouldn't cycle in the centre but what are the downsides and I presume you are taking your bike/Rapha Italian jersey?
    M.Rushton
  • Hope the men the black do an Italian tour, then you'll be laughing! 8)
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Doesn't "the men in black" have very strong political connotations in Italy?

You might have to be careful in case you develop a somewhat unwelcome following...
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Can't you take your family? British schools etc. Might be an excellent experience for them but obviously depends on their age...

I guess you've discounted that option though.

I love Rome - favorite holiday city for me.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.