Black Forest, Germany

mikey_b32
mikey_b32 Posts: 7
edited December 2009 in Routes
New to the forum, and looking for advice and routes for the Black Forest in Germany.We are just starting to plan our summer holiday for next year and are thinking maybe germany as it's not too far to drive and somewhere different to the usually crowds of morzine etc. However struggling to find any descent info on the web regarding routes for the black forest so any advice/websites or routes would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    I live in Germany, unfortunately nowhere near the Black Forest. If it's anything like where i live, there will be very little in the way of waymarked trails similar to what you get in the UK, they are more like bike touring trails. There will almost definitely be some dedicated dh/fr type stuff though, it's everywhere 8) .

Have a look around this forum http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38 I've linked it to the section for the Black Forest and surrounding area. It will help if you can ask in German, but if not i'm sure someone will help you out. I've had a bit of advice from there by asking in English.

There is a regular on here from Freiburg, can't remember their name though sorry :roll: .
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • I just use an ADFC/Meki map designed for cycling. All the bike paths are marked, plus all the steep gradients, obstacles, etc. Anything in a forest is hard packed gravel/dirt.

http://www.meki-landkarten.de/produkte_ ... arten.html (all seem to be Hessen though, not Black Forest)

Pfalzerwald certainly has MTB routes. There must be something similar for Black Forest. If not check all the usual online route thingys (eg everytrail.com, wikiloc.com, gpsies.com,...)
    Andy - The Expat Cyclist in Germany
    '07/'08 Cotic Soul
    '96 Scott Vail
    '89 Ridgeback Rapide 105
  • Cheers for the info - a bit more planning is called for before I book the ferry I think!