anyone had a wilier nicked recently?

fast as fupp
fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
edited December 2009 in The bottom bracket
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

Comments

• 0scar
    0scar Posts: 219
    That's interesting. I've seen the same pictures combined with different text and in different parts of the UK on Gumtree and eBay in the last few months. Same story with a Wilier Izoard (in London, Bristol, Oxford then London again). This is currently on Gumtree too - Google the guys phone number and it comes up, it's in Balham and he wants £500.

I like the way the text has been lifted from the linked article and the total lack of appreciation of what makes a good bike - he lists frame size, carbon 'body', qwick release wheels [sic] but nothing about the gruppo or anything else. But I think the clincher is the 61cm Spesh Allez he's also selling, including 'front and black' lights.

There was a thread in September http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15591468 that linked to a true classic (tragically now slipped of the back of Googles cache). £4000 Felt TT bike for sale because, quote, 'I DONT LIKE HOW IT DRIVES' and wanted to swap for a BMX. The collection point was the middle of Erith park. Glorious.
    Commuter: Taped-up black Trek 2200 (FCN 5)
    Shiny bike: Pinarello FP2 (FCN 3)
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Yeah it doesnt look right to me. Dont use ebay any more because it seems to have filled up with so many unsavoury characters
  • I just asked the seller if he still has the receipt, I bet he doesn't.
  • 0scar
    Ok, that Wilier is nothing, check this out: http://www.gumtree.com/london/86/51650886.html

I don't think I've ever seen a Ridley on the road, if I ever see a man in a tracksuit riding this down the pavement it's mine.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    AndyRubio wrote:
    I just asked the seller if he still has the receipt, I bet he doesn't.
    he couldnt even be bothered to clean it. im going to ask him how fast he has had out of it. :o
  • I asked him if he had the pedals for the Allez.

26 inch wheels :roll:
  • ive enquired as to whether the wilier can be fitted with spokey-dokeys?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    ive enquired as to whether the wilier can be fitted with spokey-dokeys?
    :lol:
  • 0scar
    OPs Wilier is now down to £400 on Gumtree. There's also a Tafosi [sic] with 'full carbon front forks" for £150.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bad enough the ebay Wilier has probably been pinched, but his spelling and grammar.....hangings too good for him. :wink:
  • Great minds think alike. As result of E-Bay auction, I was just doing a google on "Stolen Wilier Triestina Le Roi" and came up with your post.

The Gumtree advert makes it seem even more dodgy.

Problem is, I bet some poor unsuspecting victim has gone away for 2 weeks at Christmas and doesn't even know their £2000 pride and joy is on eBay for 155 quid

I am Emailing eBay to express my suspicions. They must have someone minding the shop over Christmas :!: