On tour with Cavendish

sagalout
sagalout Posts: 338
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Just a heads-up. Once you've had your fill of sprouts and Xmas pudding, eurosport have a program on at 4pm interviewing Cav about this years tour etc.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cheers for th'eads up.
  • When Cav was being interviewed by the beach, where was he?
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Just done a camp in lanzagrotty maybe there?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    this is repeated tonight in about 40 minutes on Eurosport 1 (9.15 pm).
  • thanks, stagehopper :P
  • :roll: Some stupid strongest man shyte on now.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    started ten minutes late - on now.
  • klima
    klima Posts: 1
    he doesnt like kirchen,good comments on everyone else.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Managed to avoid both runs of it :x

Edit - It's being shown again at 1430hrs 301209...
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    When Cav was being interviewed by the beach, where was he?

What wicked said - Lanzarote, the narrator mentioned it at the start I think.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I struggle to listen to Cav for 40 seconds, never mind 40 minutes. What does he say exactly to fill a whole documentary?

"My team mates did an amazing job of getting me to the front and then I went full gas and won again"

Repeat to fade...
  • The waves in the background were the bowl reef of the Isleta La Santa about 1/2 mile from the La Santa camp. Been there many times and seen waves 20 foot plus there!
  • lloydy75 wrote:
    The waves in the background were the bowl reef of the Isleta La Santa about 1/2 mile from the La Santa camp. Been there many times and seen waves 20 foot plus there!

Bodacious, dude! :wink:
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    I struggle to listen to Cav for 40 seconds, never mind 40 minutes. What does he say exactly to fill a whole documentary?

"My team mates did an amazing job of getting me to the front and then I went full gas and won again"

Repeat to fade...

there's little from cavendish. it's a stage by stage review with comments from him after some stages
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Well I recorded it. Not the behind the scenes insight I was hoping for. Just some hastily arranged clips from the Tour. Cav seemed to put the blame on Kirchen for him not winning the green jersey?!
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Methinks a PR person spent 6 hours coaching Cav on how to be diplomatic about Grim Kim- he clearly does not care for him (and funnily enough, neither do the Schlecks, but who knows why). TV company probably had to do 67 retakes just to get him to say that.

Lots of shots of the 09 Tour we've all seen a thousand times before and not enough Cav.
  • pedro118118
    Kirchen probably resented having to work for Cav. Quite right too, as he's a very talented rider. Not sure about his demeamour - he does come across as miserable and dour. Still...

Seems Columbia are to become the very definition of the one-trick pony in 2010, having also lost Lovqvist, EBH et al. Only really leaves Tony Martin, but who will support him, when Cav/Greipel are demanding 100% focus on a lead-out train?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Carl_P wrote:
    Well I recorded it. Not the behind the scenes insight I was hoping for. Just some hastily arranged clips from the Tour. Cav seemed to put the blame on Kirchen for him not winning the green jersey?!

Don't be silly. Cav lost the green jersey because he was robbed by officials [well, at least relegated in a bunch sprint) after Thor went and had a dummy spit after being cut off by Cav.

That's why there's a big stain on the Green Jersey. Blame Thor/Officials, not Kim :wink:
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Carl_P wrote:

Don't be silly. Cav lost the green jersey because he was robbed by officials [well, at least relegated in a bunch sprint) after Thor went and had a dummy spit after being cut off by Cav.

That's why there's a big stain on the Green Jersey. Blame Thor/Officials, not Kim :wink:

Or himself for cutting off Thor?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Ahhh, revisionism :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pedro118118
    Cav didn't lose the Green Jersey, Thor Hushovd won it by being more canny about how he accumulated the points. Stage wins help, but they're not everything. It's all about consistency. Cav needs to accept that he can't win the GJ on stage wins alone - he needs to 'lower' himself to competing for the intermediates. Problem is he can't climb, so will always be exposed to a good sprinter who's prepared to attack on mountainous/hilly stages.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Cav might have lost the jersey after an arguable decision but Hushovd more than merited the jersey, his long range solo move in the Alps was very classy and bold. Somehow I don't think Cavendish will get into a breakaway until he's well into his thirties :wink:
  • Would blame the officials then, cos they made the decision before Thor & Cervèlo had a chance to complain about it.
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    They analysed the barriers IIRC and tbh I dont think cav moved in a way to block him out, I still think hushovd spat his dummy out as spacejunk said. Must admit if I was cav that would have really pissed me off, still he got his win that he wanted on the last stage.. :)