northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited December 2009 in The bottom bracket
not called Lance ?

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    I rode into work today.Does it count :roll:
    bagpuss
  • hmmm suppose so but for work rather than just choice - bummer you have to work
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Maybe later I might brave it out, but I have to clean the chain and all that first. It's a day like any other day, apart from the ice.
  • to the pub for a club christmas drink later
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • would love to but no chance with 2 kids same story every day looking forward to when they are older so i can have some me time :(
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • Still very icy around Tyneside, but the sun is warming up a bit.

I might, but I doubt it :cry:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    6 inches of compacted snow on the road out of the estate, so no ride again today. 8 days now and I'm climbing the walls!
  • having breakfast
    leaving in an hour or so :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd go out on one of our new fully liveried police bikes but I'm not qualified to ride one!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Managed 22 miles early this morning. Stayed on the A183 but that was bloody treacherous in places and packed it in when traffic picked up. Bit scared of binning it and wrecking my lovely new Castelli Mannaggia :oops: .
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    8 days now and I'm climbing the walls![/quote]

This does not count.Must be bike riding. :wink:
    bagpuss
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    Hoping to go out later today. Went out yesterday expecting really busy roads, so I stuck out out of the way of the seafront and town, but it was the clearest ride I ever had. No one on the roads at all, and usually Christmas eve is madness. Hoping for the same today. It was fantastic yesterday, only downside was cleaning the bike afterwards, again!
  • Dry and milder (3 degrees) down here, so why not do a quick 15 miles to build up an appetite? No trucks, no white vans (except the exceptional WVM who saw I was filtering and moved over to give me room - Happy Christmas to you, sir!) and the sun even managed to come out for the final half mile.
  • oh yes, 25 miles to a mates house for xmas dinner, change of clothing in the panniers obviously. Turkey and sprouts in lycra would be too much...
  • Was going to try and sneak a turbo session in, but I ended up getting battered on super strength beer last night so I'm not going to bother :lol: Massive dinner and plenty of sweet things for me now.

Merry Christmas!!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Not this year.
    Did last year though - in summer gear. Twas somewhat chilly but very liberating to sack-off all the family rubbish and get out on empty roads in glorious sunshine during the day.

Don't own a bike within 800 km of where I'm holed-up now though so not this year.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Did an hour this morning.
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Managed 22 miles early this morning.

Give that man a turkey.

I rode Christmas Eve. The air was savagely cold. There was lots of freezing fog. The road had lots of puddles. Just perfect for black ice this morning, and there was much. I risked it last Sunday. Melted by Wednesday. Today was outright lethal.
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    Ended up going for a few hours (40 miles), and it was probably the best ride I had ever had. Weather dried out, and there was only a tiny bit of moisture left on the roads. The place was like a ghost town, and in the town centre and rural areas it was like I had the road closed off for my own TT, or a solo Crit. Had quite a few people encouraging and cheering as I went past the pubs :lol: Beachy head was a pain though, a lot of people up there and quite windy! Had a few nice drivers and pedestrians let me through even when they shouldn't have, must be the cheerful christmas people.

I doubt other days are like this for the lack of traffic, but is Easter anything remotely like this? It feels great having the road basically to yourself, and no hold ups, no queues.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Loonies. The only loonies I saw today were the mentals driving their families at 60 past my house, bending around to scream at their kids. FFS people - plan your day, dont drive like a moron. :roll:

My uncle popped around last night and said the night before he and his missus got woken up by some noise outside their window. They look out and a Police car has pulled a driver. "I'm not drunk!!! HIC!!!" Bang to rights. :twisted:
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Managed 22 miles early this morning. Stayed on the A183 but that was bloody treacherous in places and packed it in when traffic picked up. Bit scared of binning it and wrecking my lovely new Castelli Mannaggia :oops: .

OT, but how is the Castelli working out for you? A girl I ride with has got the Primavera which is an awesome looking jacket.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Did 40 miles/2 hours today. Clear roads, no traffic and the weather wasn't too cold.

But no family obligations so basically just another training day!
  • I got out today. Not being a road cyclist I only managed 13miles. Crisp white snow, sun beating down and now the pub opens in 38 mins :D
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    APIII wrote:
    OT, but how is the Castelli working out for you?
    Too early to say really. I was a Christmas present but managed to sneak a ride in when it came on the quiet and then today. I was lovely and toasty mind apart from my toes. I've had a Castelli Leggerezza for a couple of weeks which seems a a very decent jacket (I wanted something a bit more bling though) and light and moderate showers just beaded on that. Very nicely made though, great fit (large where I'm usually a medium) and certainly looks the part.

I'd previously made do with base layers, winter jerseys under a Altura Nevis fluro jacket so these two windproof jackets have been a revelation - I was out the other day with just a HH Lifa-Versa baselayer and the jacket - but can't compare it to an AirBlock, anything from Gore etc.
  • yeah i cycled down to my uncle's for a lovely christmas dinner :))

southportCC are holding a TT (6KM) tomorrow! can't wait :D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.