Help - need bike dimensions for working out storage space.

i_am_jon
i_am_jon Posts: 32
edited December 2009 in MTB general
I'm on the verge of buying at GT XC 3 18" and am trying to work out where I can keep it.

I have a space under the stairs that may work but I need to know how long and wide a typical 18" mountian bike is? I have seached online but can't find an answer, any chance someone can do a quick measure to give me an idea?

Comments

• i would work on around 1700mm length, around the 725mm width for the bars and not forgetting the probable slope under the stairs so you will only get it back as far as the ceiling allows at roughly 680mm floor to ceiling height.

wheel(s) off and its alot smaller space needed
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Yes take the QR wheels into it and you'll be sorted, I kept the Plastic piece that came fitted to the front fork when mine arrived for such eventualities, although it should fit in the shed alongside the other 7 bikes :D
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have about 1750mm length so it's pretty close but hopefuly is ok. Height won't be an issue since it's still high enough where it's walled of at the end.

Just found the wheelbase measurement for a similar 18" GT bike is 42.1".
    So 42.1" (frame) + 26" (wheel) = 68.1" = 173cm

Width of the space is 850mm hopefuly enough for 1 or 2 more bikes for rest of family