How many turbo rides before insanity?

plug1n
plug1n Posts: 204
edited December 2009 in The bottom bracket
I'm currently at 7 successive rides on the turbo trainer since my last road ride (and I missed a couple of days).

Looks like a few days yet - maybe Sunday?

(Hertfordshire)

Comments

• I think that insanity begins when you start stopping to photograph the scenery.
  • I'm starting to crack now. There's only so many threshold and turbo sessions looking at the inside of your garage you can do.

Might just give up till it clears. Got 3 months till racing starts! No rush.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227
    After four days on turbo/rollers I finally got out today and did 20 miles round the K1/25 - all main roads and no ice. The cars actually gave me more room than usual - perhaps they thought what a nutter give him more room in case he does something really stupid, perhaps worried about ice or maybe they were all %$^$ed and swerved past at the last minute when they saw me. Only one car in a hedge but unfortunately not a jeep. Side roads still far too dangerous but getting there - maybe clear for the weekend.
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    There's only so many threshold and turbo sessions looking at the inside of your garage you can do.

Can't you try it somewhere else ? The kitchen is my favourite , but then I don't garage to start with.

Snake

My Library
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Depends. Have you started practicing track stands yet?

Time and tide wait for no man. Except the man waiting for 60:00 to come up on the turbo computer. When time bl**dy stands still!
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • I've only had one road ride this month, which sucks. The snow started just as my stupid exams finished and my holiday started.

I hate to think what my fitness would be like without the turbo trainer, and that's what keeps me from insanity.

Cheers
    Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I've had to put my bike in the car to drive to where there's no snow, just to get some road miles in! But worth it as doing turbo every day becomes a little trying. And I do it in the living room in front of the TV.

I feel for the 'garage-dwellers'.
  • snakehips wrote:
    There's only so many threshold and turbo sessions looking at the inside of your garage you can do.

Can't you try it somewhere else ? The kitchen is my favourite , but then I don't garage to start with.

Snake

My Library

I set mine up in the lingerie department of major UK stores.