Garmin Edge 705 noobie

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Think I've got it all set up on my new toy. One thing I'm puzzled with tonight is that when I unplur from the PC I have to reset the backlight setting, everything else is as was. I t reverts back to 0% when I had it set to 75% before hooking it up to the PC. Am I being stupid, probably, in that I can't keep the backlight to stay as I set it?
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• Just press the power button and it should jump up to 75%, press it again for 100% and then again for 0%, etc. Don't know why, but took me ages to figure out! :oops:
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Make sure you use the reset funtion between rides, it's the on the same button as the lap function but you've got to hold the button down for three seconds or so.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I knew there was a button to press to save the ride after I'd stopped but do you think I could find out/remember which one it was when I got to work this morning? Also learned that you have to stop the timer when you get home too otherwise the average speed drops and it keeps beeping at you when you have the speed alerts set :oops: Still running with my Vectra Micro till I can update my weekly mileage and transfer the miles etc ovet to the Edge properly.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.