fox van r fork 160m
    mavic crossmax st 2010 ust wheels
    thompson elite seatpost and stem
    raceface deus xc 2010 chainset
    Fizik Gobi XM K:Ium Saddle
    Truvativ Hussefelt Riser Bars
    sram PG990 cassette
    formula oro brakes
    SLX front and rear mechs(due to be replaced)
    deore shifters(also due to be replaced)
    Continental Mountain king 2.4 tired(tubeless maxxis highroller tyres on order)
    hope seat clamp,skewer and spacers.
    DMR LOCDD Grips
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2009
    Merlin XLM 6.4 works 2006
    Litespeed blade 2006
    Merlin atreus 2006
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    so what are you replacing the rest of the stuff with?
  • Not to sure yet, I do like the look of the sram x.0 mechs and shifters.
    Magura marta brakes and Ive got a KMC gold chain on order aswell

what do you think? any suggestions?
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2009
    Litespeed blade 2006
    Merlin atreus 2006
  • :shock: nice
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    LewysHobbs wrote:
    Not to sure yet, I do like the look of the sram x.0 mechs and shifters.
    Magura marta brakes and Ive got a KMC gold chain on order aswell

what do you think? any suggestions?
    cool, what about some hope brakes. would add a bit more red
  • it looks even better in the flesh, when i can keep up with him, which isn't often!

Great bike. :)
  • wow, beautiful bike
    how the heck do you afford all that though:P
    would love to see the final product though
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    So did you buy the bike and then just added a lot of new stuff? :S
  • yeh bought the bike a couple of months ago after not mountain biked for 3 years, I didnt want to spend to much initially just incase I didnt enjoy but I was wrong!! Since then every spare penny has gone on it! I wanted to shave some weight and improve the looks, i think so far so good!
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2009
    Litespeed blade 2006
    Merlin atreus 2006
  • DamonC
    DamonC Posts: 263
    A beautiful bike, congrats!

I am in the situation returning after a break from MTB and as I take my wallet on rides I have found the most dramatic weight reduction has been in my wallet! :lol:
    Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    nicest spicy ive seen that mate lapy's are the bomb :lol:
  • Gobs
    Gobs Posts: 296
    I'll get some pics up of my 516 as soon as I get a chance, although it's standard so I know I'm going to get booed :lol:
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    very very nice. good spec too.
  • Looks stunning, nice to see something different. Don't think i've seen a Lapierre in the metal yet :)
  • i like it alot :shock:
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Yeah looks v good :)

Ma mates got one and yeah - they do look a lot nicer in the flesh Geraint9
  • tdougan
    tdougan Posts: 152
    that's one tidy bike!
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    LewysHobbs wrote:
    yeh bought the bike a couple of months ago after not mountain biked for 3 years, I didnt want to spend to much initially just incase I didnt enjoy but I was wrong!! Since then every spare penny has gone on it! I wanted to shave some weight and improve the looks, i think so far so good!

If your willing to spend just kick n the arse of 4 grand .You musta put yersel into debt to get one of them ...

How much are your monthly payments ... ? Where did you by it from , We love Lapierre ?
  • looking nice, I have the same bike and I'm planning on changing the w*nk crank that it comes with. What bottom bracket did you use for the raceface crank?, I thought only shimano bbs fitted the spicy.
  • one word: awesome
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    colintrav wrote:
    LewysHobbs wrote:
    yeh bought the bike a couple of months ago after not mountain biked for 3 years, I didnt want to spend to much initially just incase I didnt enjoy but I was wrong!! Since then every spare penny has gone on it! I wanted to shave some weight and improve the looks, i think so far so good!

If your willing to spend just kick n the ars* of 4 grand .You musta put yersel into debt to get one of them ...

How much are your monthly payments ... ? Where did you by it from , We love Lapierre ?

Or maybe he works hard instead of being a pathetic little troll on a internet forum so he can afford it

Seriously Colintrav .. Log off the intrawebs
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Valy
    looking nice, I have the same bike and I'm planning on changing the w*nk crank that it comes with. What bottom bracket did you use for the raceface crank?, I thought only shimano bbs fitted the spicy.

What is so bad all of a sudden with the crank on a £2k+ bike?

OP - well, it's a Lapierre , so it does look nice! :D You also say you spent "not much" to see if you like it or not. £2200 is not much? :shock:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Valy wrote:
    looking nice, I have the same bike and I'm planning on changing the w*nk crank that it comes with. What bottom bracket did you use for the raceface crank?, I thought only shimano bbs fitted the spicy.

OP - well, it's a Lapierre , so it does look nice! :D You also say you spent "not much" to see if you like it or not. £2200 is not much? :shock:

well the spicy bb is a press fit unit, bit like an intergrated headset, but the axle is the same diameter, and as you can use raceface bb's with shimano and vice versa, its all compatible,

having said this the new 916 comes with truvativ cranks so thats just a guess :lol:
  • Valy
    lawman wrote:
    Valy wrote:

well the spicy bb is a press fit unit, bit like an intergrated headset, but the axle is the same diameter, and as you can use raceface bb's with shimano and vice versa, its all compatible,

having said this the new 916 comes with truvativ cranks so thats just a guess :lol:

So in a nutshell it's not bad, but you can just get bet..ter stuff? :S
  • colintrav wrote:
    LewysHobbs wrote:

If your willing to spend just kick n the ars* of 4 grand .You musta put yersel into debt to get one of them ...

I bought the bike from a bike shop from swanea called tredz, Luckly enough I sold a few bits and bobs so didnt need take out any finance, Fair play to the bikeshop they did give me some discount so I didnt end up paying the full RRP of £2100
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2009
    Litespeed blade 2006
    Merlin atreus 2006
  • looking nice, I have the same bike and I'm planning on changing the w*nk crank that it comes with. What bottom bracket did you use for the raceface crank?, I thought only shimano bbs fitted the spicy.

I didnt need to change the bottom bracket, just took the old chainset off and the new one solted on nicely! So I do have a rather nice RaceFace bottom bracket for sale if you know anyone who needs one :D
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2009
    Litespeed blade 2006
    Merlin atreus 2006
  • Valy
    So how much did you end up paying for it? :P
  • That's a terrible bike. Ugly as sin. You should send it to me so I can dispose of it for you without anyone else seeing! ;)

On a more serious note, I love it! Lapierre make some of the nicest looking bikes imo, and I think you're got a gorgeous looking bike there. Enjoy it! (Oh, and ignore colintrav, he's still not sure what these two-wheeled contraptions are :roll: )
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • When you bought the raceface crank set, what size BB shell did you specify, I have a raceface Atlas in mind but it comes in 68/73mm shell or 83mm or 100mm, and I dont know which size I need.