Feeling proud of myself...

slimboyjim
slimboyjim Posts: 367
edited December 2009 in MTB general
My bike was a mess after being unable to clean it after my last ride, covered in horrible claggy clay-filled mud. The chain was skipping and the drivetrain stiff - it had been put off too long!

Today it was -2C and there was snow on the ground, but I still went out and cleaned it!

Icicles were forming on the bike and I broke the trigger on my hosepipe squirter thingy (whatever they are called :? ) as I tried to use it when it had iced up.

The only part of me that got cold was my toes...

Grrr... What a man! :roll:

(On a more serious note I was surprised how much it was not horrible to wash my bike in sub-zero temperatures. Bit of hot water and you'll be fine - don't knock it 'til you've tried it...! Bike is once again running like a dream rather than the chain skipping everywhere too. Bonus!)

James

(Now I've just got to MTFU on the trails :lol:)

Comments

• nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    just make sure you don't clean it anywhere you need to walk later on as you just created an ice rink lol!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    lol I just cleaned my bike in the kitchen.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    dude! that is manly!

Couldn't you just leave it outside til the mud freezes and then shake the bike so that it all falls off?
    Not really active
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    i cleaned my bike too last night after my last ride 10 days ago. I was in my garage, but it was still about -1. The spay on oil had frozen up so i had to use my drippy oil (takes me back...). A clean cassete is the most beautiful thing ever made, all shiney and silver but my chain still looks brown for some reason.