So I made a video tonight...

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited December 2009 in MTB general
And usually I wouldn't bother linking it up here, but I'm pretty pleased with it, so thought it couldn't hurt ;) Mucking about in the snow, never more than 2 miles from my house.

http://vimeo.com/8321640

Aargh, youtube have taken down the soundtrack, even thought the song's in the audioswap list as being OK to use :( Here it is on Vimeo...
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• It says it private video and I don't have permission to watch?
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    It says it private video and I don't have permission to watch?
    +1 - What gives?
    I was looking forward to that...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Northwind
    edited December 2009
    Epic video fail followed by an epic fail sequel :roll: Should be OK now. First time with Vimeo, I've finally got honked off with youtube

Don't get too excited now, it's just 2 minutes of cocking about in the snow...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nice. what camera are you using?
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Nice vid
    'I thought it would be soft' :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Northwind
    Doh, meant to put that on the vid... The video cam is a Helmet Hero Wide (not the HD one, the old version). The stills are a Panasonic Lumix TZ7. Which is awesome, and does HD video, except that it doesn't like the chill much :lol:

Oh, can anyone recommend a better video editor than the free Windows one? Ideally very cheap or free ;) Movie Maker is OK but not too great at titles or working with more than one audio track.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • "I thought this would be soft but it wasnt"

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you legend! :lol::lol:
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    Nice vid
    Good skills and legs to keep riding when it's that deep.
    Love the "thought it would be soft" bit...
    Not really active
  • DamonC
    DamonC Posts: 263
    Enjoyed that thanks :)
    Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    "I thought this would be soft but it wasnt"
    :lol:
    How many times did you come off? :wink:
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    "thought it wud be soft". Gotta be done!

/me stands and applaudes :)

You've got proper snow. *sigh* we've got naff all.
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Ahh, the go anywhere, do it all Soul 8)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Great vid. Good to see some 'normal' trail riding instead of the usual 360-death-huck-in-T-shirt stuff.

You need to try and ride a bit faster though <GD&R>
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Nice vid, nice tune, might well be on TOTD later now you've put it in my head. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i like that, good stuff.
  • Nice vid indeed, and music too - makes a change from the usual thrash metal
  • Northwind
    Thanks folks! This one came together pretty well, I ride exactly that slow all the time but it looks better in the snow :lol:
    forcutty wrote:
    How many times did you come off? :wink:

Only twice! Though I also rode into a spiky bush. But I missed the big crash and the other 2 just looked rubbish, camera was too shaky for the gorse bush and the wee crash just looks like I was parking :cry: Crashes are the best bits.
    UncleMonty wrote:
    Nice vid indeed, and music too - makes a change from the usual thrash metal

Yeah, the music was pure luck- almost spot on the right length, so I only had to fiddly the editing a wee bit- but I always try and stay off the metal/punk/dance soundtracks, I use a lot of folk and random obscure stuff. It was very nearly Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys :lol: Glad it wasn't, I think the tune makes it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Nice. where is that? just wondering how you've got so much snow- we've got about 2 inches :(
  • Northwind
    Just outside Edinburgh, in the pentlands regional (or is it national?) park. Mostly we haven't had more than most places but it drifts like mad in the hills, just miles and miles of nothing.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cool vid

bet it was fun riding in snow that deep :lol:
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • Northwind I see your in the Edinburgh area ?. Where was the video made Im in East Lothian and we have knowhere near that much snow . Was up the Pentlands with the dog yesterday and there was plenty snow.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks like fun, cool video 8)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    "all the leaves are brown" my arse :lol:

nice vid. worth the watch IMO
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    cool vid :wink::lol: no pun...

enjoyed that excellant choice of tune to.

i been usung cycerlink power director 7 for my vids, it's cheap enough and probably free somewere on the net....
  • Northwind
    stanfree wrote:
    Northwind I see your in the Edinburgh area ?. Where was the video made Im in East Lothian and we have knowhere near that much snow . Was up the Pentlands with the dog yesterday and there was plenty snow.

The later, darker bit is the singletrack round the back of Clubbiedean Reservoir, the bit with the deep snow and the earlier riding shots are all around the woods and fire road which leads up from the top of the Kirkgate, right near Harlaw. I had a longer ride planned but decided against it :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Like it and the music, Californian Dreaming is such a great song!
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Great vid, Northwind! Ridden those trails more times than I can say, but never in the snow. Makes me want to pack up work early and get out there, but unfortunately stuck here watching more snow falling and still waiting for overdue deliveries from Amazon :evil:
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Excellent video mate, thank you for sharing and for taking the time :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0