Kona Dawg WIP

MrChrisP
MrChrisP Posts: 321
edited December 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Howdy folks.

I got myself a full suss frame! Yas! :lol:

It's 2nd hand but hey I'm not complaining!

It's a Kona Dawg. I beleive it's an 06 frame but not sure so any light you can shed would be muchly appreciated!

Dawg1.gif

Dawg2.gif

Rear Shox is Fox Vanilla with 5" of travel. The rest is still to be added, which may take some time.....
Kona Stinky Six
Kona Scrap
Scott YZ4

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    edited December 2009
    Nice, I've got a shred kicking about andI was going to see If I could switch the frame for something more boingy boingy as they say, be interesting to see how this one turns out 8)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice. whats sort of riding are you going to do?
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    The frame looks nice, what forks are you going to use???
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    with regards to what year it is the closest colour I could find is the 06
    http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k6bikes/dawg_2k6.php
    but that looks greyish to me, I know they apparently did different colours in different countries sometimes
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Cheers guys, and Paul, yep that definately fits the bill of what I've got so yeah I reckon it is an 06 frame.

As for what forks I'm going to use, I'm not sure bu I have been poined in the direction of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-2009-MARZOCCH ... 23046f75b5

Problem is budget wont allow for something like until Jan/Feb. I've got 100mm Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2's on my Kona Scrap at the moment which I might transfer over for the time being.

Up until now I have only ever been a trails rider. Living in Edinburgh I have easy access to the 7 Stanes so I go there a lot in the summer (especially Glentress). Once I have got the Dawg up and running I'll be using it for the same thing until I can build up my skill and confidence enough to take on some bigger things.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4