Polar CS300

mungry price
mungry price Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all
Has anyone got a polar cs300? I tried to change the battery in the watch and now the screen has gon blank, has anyone done the same or can offer some advice please. :(

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Silly question perhaps, but are you sure you got the correct battery? There are many that look very similar.

Also - just try taking it out and replacing it a few times to see if it comes back on. Had that problem before.

Last resort - try a different 'new' battery.
  • the baterry is the same on all i did was take it out and put it back in and then nothing. :cry:
  • wymthg
    wymthg Posts: 12
    How do you get the battry out, i removed the back and the watch insidea but how do you actually get the battery out?
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    wymthg wrote:
    How do you get the battry out, i removed the back and the watch insidea but how do you actually get the battery out?

There is a strap across the back of the battery.
    The strap is located by a small tab, around the 2 o'clock position as you look at it.
    To release the tab, place the end of a small flat bladed screwdriver inside the little tab and 'pop' it outwards.
    You should now be able to remove and replace the battery.
    Note: Batery is +ve 'down', _ve 'up'... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • I sent it off and it was done without any problems. Polar were great.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • wymthg
    wymthg Posts: 12
    Thanks for that, to save me openign it twice, do you know what battery it takes, it is a CR2032?
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I think you're right, but I'm not entirely sure...
    You'll have to open it to check battery fitment, anyway :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I always send mine off to Polar - its pricier but they guarantee it being waterproof. My local keycutter/shoe person/watch guy did a HRM for me once and cocked it up, and it was useless after that.
  • Hi all
    Has anyone got a polar cs300? I tried to change the battery in the watch and now the screen has gon blank, has anyone done the same or can offer some advice please. :(

Hi I got the same problem with my polar CS300 did you solve the problem? thanks
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    wymthg wrote:
    Thanks for that, to save me openign it twice, do you know what battery it takes, it is a CR2032?

cr2430 for the watch.

i changed one last year, been fine but be v careful about the tiny spring, easy for it to fly out and then it wont work.