Rockshox Recon 327 U Turn Adjustment

Squarepants
Squarepants Posts: 1,019
edited December 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Having just had a conversation with one of the lads about these forks he noted the u turn allows the fork to be wound out to make it longer (or indeed shorter) brilliant I thought as ive mentioned in a previous thread I do feel like the bike rides slightly low at the front. Having looked up the manual PDF file and various other sites it doesnt look like they are adjustable for length. Are they? Why would they be called u turns if they're not adjustable for length...
Cube Hanzz Pro FR
It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes the U-turn changes the length and therefor the travel of the fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Squarepants
    Ok, do the 327's have that adjustment do you know Nicklouse? There's no obvious adjustment point. Air tuning on the top left, what I assume is a dummy nut on top of the right fork and rebound adjustment on the bottom right.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    You have the Solo Air version, which means instead of the U-turn knob you find the Schrader valve on the left of the crown.

Solo Air - No U-turn;
    Coil - Yes U-turn, but heavier.

See:
    http://www.sram.com/taxonomy/term/104/b ... ox/src/cat

EDIT
    You might be able to change the travel of your fork by removing or adding spacers from inside of it.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ok, do the 327's have that adjustment do you know Nicklouse? There's no obvious adjustment point. Air tuning on the top left, what I assume is a dummy nut on top of the right fork and rebound adjustment on the bottom right.

yes the 327 can be a U turn fork or it can be a solo air fork (and also some other version for the OE market)

does it have travel markings on the legs like U turn forks do? if not then it is not a U turn fork. like wise with the U turn adjuster on the top of the left leg.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Squarepants
    OK thanks Nicklouse that answers my question. They are the solo air version so no joy by the looks. Ive heard of 'a guy' who services and uprates shocks. Maybe be a relatively inexpensive fix.

Thanks again chap
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR