Best, excuse, EVER!!!!!!

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,391
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Seriously I swear this is better than Landis!!

"Gasquet claimed that the drug had got into his system when he repeatedly kissed a girl named Pamela the night before the tournament. Two tribunals have accepted this as a bona fide story. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 960997.ece

He Heee!!!

(sorry if its old, I ve not seen it before!)
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    How sweet- he only kissed her.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Heard and interview with Andre Agassi. He was hooked on Crystal Meths but he gave some excuse. He lied and was let off. Says that the drug makes his performance worse.
    Blimey; what a miserable bloke though. Never thought it. (My Dad is the blame for my miserable existance blah de blah). Join the queue Andre as we've all got stories of woe.
    I guess he's got nothing better to think about than his own existence.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Heard and interview with Andre Agassi. He was hooked on Crystal Meths but he gave some excuse. He lied and was let off. Says that the drug makes his performance worse.
    Blimey; what a miserable bloke though. Never thought it. (My Dad is the blame for my miserable existance blah de blah). Join the queue Andre as we've all got stories of woe.
    I guess he's got nothing better to think about than his own existence.

-Jerry

Think you're being a bit harsh there jerry. I don't Agassi is using his father as an excuse for his actions. He is explaining how he has got to where he is in life - and to do that he has explained the factors that have influenced that.

I found the book very interesting. The media, of course, are going to pick up on the 'juicy stuff', so any PR stuff is going to sound like he has had a tumultuous, awful upbringing. But that is just a small portion of his life.

As to the fact he has got nothing better to think about than his own existence; I suggest you check out the work he has done for charity, especially for children.
  • Hmm, I think the best excuse I've ever heard was someone saying they lost a "10" because they sneezed...
  • Hmm, I think the best excuse I've ever heard was someone saying they lost a "10" because they sneezed...
    "Shimano bearings are 'draggy'"

"I ran over a dead hedgehog"

and "I've never ridden this bike before" are particular favourites of mine down the years.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    ]"Gasquet claimed that the drug had got into his system when he repeatedly kissed a girl named Pamela the night before the tournament. Two tribunals have accepted this as a bona fide story. "

Was it a kiss or did she blow a Gasquet? :wink:

The guy "got off" because the level of cocaine in his body was very small, meaning it was possible he didn't take the banned substance. I wonder if this was because the test came long after he came into contact with the coke?

Tennis has some iffy decisions over doping, you can search the internet for some pretty hefty cover ups in recent years.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:

Tennis has some iffy decisions over doping, you can search the internet for some pretty hefty cover ups in recent years.

Are you referring to the heroin one?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gotta love this guy, I mean how on earth can he keep such a straight face while he tries to justify himself?

In France, right now, Gasquet stars in a -real daft- Head& Shoulders TV commercial. He's the butt of many internet jokes including this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxCRaZ7Sbk

("With Coke on Shoulders, get rid of those capilary tests...")
  • Linford Christie came out with some classics. He likened testing positive with being diagnosed with cancer, no one can explain how it gets into your body but it does.
  • Classic.
    Don't rake up my mistakes, i know exactly what they are.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    Are you referring to the heroin one?
    Not particularly. There have been several allegations of positive tests for PEDs like steroids, the player suddenly announces their retirement from the sport.

Tennis especially has a governing body that is very closely linked to funding and sponsorship but it also oversees testing. The same is true for other sports. This does not mean automatic cover-ups but it does create an ethical conflict which WADA should look at reforming.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Didn't Rusedski get admonished from a positive for steroids because he alleged that the drugs got into his system via a 'contaminated' supplement provided by the governing body?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I heard Andre Agassi on BBC Radio 5. He did winge a lot. A nice bloke and all that, a bit messed up in the head and a constant moaner.
    He told the story about his Dad being a control freak. Stephie Graf has got a 5 set match with him :shock: .
    I don't get too excited about doping really; not that I'm not against it, it's just human nature. i think Nadal is breathing a little easier as well as a few other Cyclists.
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,564
    Tusher wrote:
    How sweet- he only kissed her.

Yep, but then he went home and enjoyed some action with Palm-ela and her 5 friends :lol: