llandegla conditions?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2009 in Routes
anyone know what the place is like at the mo? i might take a trip up on monday or tuesday when i visit the folks in wales.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Havent been for 5 weeks but it usually holds up very well in the wet. Good drainage and a well packed down surface make it rideable in virtually any weather you can think of. Last ride was in monsoon conditions and apart from a few boggy patches under the trees it was fine. Last year rode it in heavy snow and it was an absolute blast.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • its closed! due to snowfall the centre has closed for a bit. the problem is the approach road is like sheet ice and there is a problem getting to the centre.
  • Anonymous
    antshybrid wrote:
    its closed! due to snowfall the centre has closed for a bit. the problem is the approach road is like sheet ice and there is a problem getting to the centre.

now that is useful, cheers, i did wonder if that might be a roblem as it is pretty steep for most vehicle (i reckon my 4 wheel drive would do ok though)
  • oh yes my landy would go anywhere but i guess if the centre is closed then the gate will be locked. Katy from oneplanet will be updating tommorrow on the conditions up there.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Just because the caff and bike shop are closed doesnt mean the trails at Llandegla are closed. With no facilities the "real" mountain bikers wont be there so much more fun for us guys who just like to ride bikes not sit in trail centre coffee shops talking about how they cleared the double black diamond with skulls jumps at Whistler. Just park as close as you can and ride up thats what we do when the centre gate is closed.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Anonymous
    stubs wrote:
    Just because the caff and bike shop are closed doesnt mean the trails at Llandegla are closed. With no facilities the "real" mountain bikers wont be there so much more fun for us guys who just like to ride bikes not sit in trail centre coffee shops talking about how they cleared the double black diamond with skulls jumps at Whistler. Just park as close as you can and ride up thats what we do when the centre gate is closed.

hmm, sounds ok i suppose but im not going unless there are dozens of folk at the cafe for me to show off my joplin to.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    park at the moors inn

ride up the backroad

pint after