PSA: LB53 EXD

northstar
northstar Posts: 407
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Silver flatbed pick up, not sure which make, might be Nissan.

If he does this to you avoid confrontation, he seems to be a cyclist hater or just a pathetic bully.

He passed me within cm's going over a hill and when I looked at his plate at the traffic lights he pulled up besides me and told me to a. ride in the kerb b.to fuck off and c. he would break my nose.

All in front of his little son, probably an empty threat but you never know.

Edit: had the last 3 digits wrong at first, right now.
Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.

Comments

• northstar wrote:

If he does this to you avoid confrontation, he seems to be a cyclist hater or just a pathetic bully.

He passed me within cm's going over a hill and when I looked at his plate at the traffic lights he pulled up besides me and told me to a. ride in the kerb b.to fark off and c. he would break my nose.

All in front of his little son[/b], probably an empty threat but you never know.

Edit: had the last 3 digits wrong at first, right now.

was he a midget?
  • Might have been, he did have a chelsea shirt on (which explains a lot - with all due respect to some chelsea fans).

You can imagine how he is going to grow up.
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,952
    northstar wrote:

It's a: Mitsubishi L200 Warrior Lwb (Pick-up)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    And its on the MIB database as insured........

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Have to say I very much doubt I would keep my cool in a scenario like you experienced, Northstar...

I've only "started" a fight I can recall once in my life (after getting continuous hassle off a twunt at grammar school during sixth form... some 17 years ago), with the exception of TaeKwonDo sparring competitions in the 90s (being controlled conditions, hardly counts really).

However, if any bloke played up like you described, there are very high odds I would lash out with a kick/punch combo. Depending on the scenario, I might even rip the car keys out of the ignition and take them with me!

I am normally a very placid, unassuming, reserved bloke (by modern standards). However, I will not tolerate intimidation (unless knived/guns were involved, but thank god I've never had anything like this in my 36 year life).

Personally, despite not condoning the actions I would take, I would have made that twunt an example of in front of his son...
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I see where you are coming from Nitrous but to be honest I've mixed with cars etc so much and experienced so many fools nothing bothers me, he was obviously trying to goad me into a fight and i'm just not interested with drivers like that, i'd already "won" as he got so Irate to say that.

He will pick on the wrong gent or lady and get his come uppance, people like that always do, they don't know when to be good.

In summary, there's nothing I wouldn't put past any driver, but particulary London ones purely due to it's size.
  • Daniel B wrote:
    northstar wrote:

It's a: Mitsubishi L200 Warrior Lwb (Pick-up)

What a surprise. :roll: Wasn't the Raging Bull special edition was it ?
  • Jehannum
    Jehannum Posts: 107
    A quick sneaky-peek in the DVLA database reveals it's the "I have an incredibly small penis to compensate for" edition [ie the standard model], with a single optional extra: the "testosterone enhancer for porky middle aged self abusive with self image issues".

Mitsubishi say that the "self image issue" is that the buyer has really accurate self image - they know subconciously that they're w4nkers!

HTH,

J.
    Reduce your carbon footprint - ride a metal bike!
  • Jehannum wrote:
    A quick sneaky-peek in the DVLA database reveals it's the "I have an incredibly small penis to compensate for"
    HTH,

J.

like father like son, eh?