boarman limited road bike

gotamintvtr
gotamintvtr Posts: 20
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
new to the forum but thought id sign up to look for any advice i might need.

anyway heres my 1st road bike

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

all comments welcome

thats if anyones interested lol
Boardman limited edition carbon #60

Comments

• rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    best bike for the money.
  • thanks. i have orderd some shimano r086 shoes aswell to get me out on the road. shame the weather si so bad i will be blending with the snow
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    :shock: Looks the dogs bollox in white, mate.

I want one, now... :cry:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Your stems slightly off line in pic 1 :wink:

Nice bike 8)
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Your stems slightly off line in pic 1 :wink:

Nice bike 8)

Only ever so slightly, though :wink:

I wasn't going to mention it. But, I would have felt responsible if you had gone for a ride, then fell off :shock: :oops:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • I have a black one - great value for 1k! White bar tape looks good for one ride only! I put some SRAM stuff on mine

• IMG_0415.jpg

Not sure about the cable runs through the headtube, I can understand running the cable through the head tube as it should give a straighter run, but they then seem to step down? Looks like the holes in the headtube should be a bit lower, although it might then run into the lower headset bearing. Maybe you need to get the drill out and add some extra holes! I'm sure you could use some polyfilla to block up the existing ones :D

Still, nice looking bike, wasn't too sure about the white ones, but looks proper "Jack the Biscuit" to me...
  • Stop it!
    i'm going to regret cancelling my reservation for one if you keep posting pics :cry:
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • i ll have to take a few more pics of it then over xmas. hopefully my new lens comes and maybe get a few better pics
  • That's a great piece of kit you got there my friend. The white does look very very good. The only thing I would change is the brake hoods. Get yerself some white "Hudz" and your Boardman would look the DB's IMO.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • you might want to swing the bars round a bit, cant be very safe riding like that. nice bike though.
  • loxster71
    loxster71 Posts: 269
    Hi,

I also have one of these as my first road bike, picked it up 14th dec and it's leant up in my conservatory under a blanket, bloody weather and work mean i havn't been on it yet.
    Mines number 344 and theres a few things i will be changing (purely down to my personal taste) .

New seat...looking at something like a spesh bg with cut out(from previous experience of numb man bits syndrom lol) which i got from 4 and half hrs in the saddle on my boardman hybrid i used to own.

New hoods and bar tape as i don't think they will stay clean no matter how much i clean it.

New tyres...purely as i don't like the look of the white ones lol.

mind you with how things are going it will still be brand new this time next year lol.
    Giant Trance X3
    Boardman Limited Edition Carbon #344
    BMC Streetfire ssx( converted to flat bar Hybrid)
  • been out on it once and cnt wait to go again. i was just getting used to my pedals and shoes ect
  • How did you find the steering? Is the white bar tape still white?
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    Very nice... just like mine :D
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • tape is still nice and white.
  • Just picked mine up last night, number 199. After seeing it in the flesh I'm deffo making some changes though! Tyres for a start then the brake hoods! Probably go for the standard black hoods! All personal preference though!
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    just a shame you have to get them from halfords
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    marusches wrote:

Your anti-Halfords sentiment is tiresome
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    marusches wrote:

Bumping a year old thread to say that? Wow...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    lemoncurd wrote:
    marusches wrote:

Your anti-Halfords sentiment is tiresome

3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg