back on a bike and in need of some trails??

freeride-mike
freeride-mike Posts: 553
edited December 2009 in MTB beginners
Ive always been a mountain biker and spent more time on my bike than anything else growing up but 7yrs ago i moved 70 miles to b'ham to be with my fiancee and kinda lost interest in biking bcoz of doing it on my own and sold my pride and joy, but 4mnths ago i decided to have another crack and loose bit of wieght, so i built my self a hardtail on a budget thanx to ebay lol ive been riding once or twice a week and even managed a 12.5mile ride up cannock chase the other mnth not bad for sum1 who tips the scales at a smidgin over 20st :shock: :D thing is my better half likes the odd ride out but is'nt as enthusiastic as me and chase trails are a good hour drive away :( ok..... ok to the point what i wanted to know is is there any trails or good riding spots around the south b'ham, bromsgrove area where i can meet some like minded ppl to hit the trails with????

cheers mike 8)
CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build

Comments

• leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    Your could try your local bike shop ask there ?
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • I'd try the Lickey Hills which are nearby - lot of fireroads and bridleways.

Best bet is to get the local OS maps - http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/sho ... Bromsgrove - and get your marker pen out!

Happy Riding!
  • The Lickey Hills is actually a good suggestion, it's very hilly (as the name suggests), and will help to improve your fitness.

There is also a nice run from Alvechurch, just before the Crown pub, turn left onto the towpath alongside tha canal, after a mile or so you'll get to a point where you have to come off, and it veers uphill into the woods, once you've cleared the woods you come to the top of a large cornfield which has a rough path down the middle of it all downhill, you then zig-zag through a bridle path, from there you pick up the lanes and you can cycle back to Alvechurch, altogether it's around 12 miles.

Follow the Dog at Cannock is also great, it's less than an hour from Bromsgrove, great fun to be had.
    Ridley Orion