SORRY which 26inch commuting tyres?

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi i know this has been asked loads in the past but after a few visits from the fairy i think it may be time for some new tyres what do you all suggest around 1.5 upwards?, for year round every day commuting.
THANKS.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Schwable Marathon Plus
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Just looking for some winter tyres myself, these might come in handy http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1217-marathon-winter.html

Spiked, bring on the snow and ice
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Conti Double Fighter, so you can do a bit of off-roading on the way home. I do!
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Schwable Marathon Plus

+1. Bombproof.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    I have scwable city jets on my hybrid and for the price i cannot fault them they may bot be as bomb proof as the marathons but for around a tenner each they are great .

I have only had 1 puncture in a year of commuting and that was a real nasty piece of wire .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    I punctured my schwalbe marathon pluses. Had to dig a big piece of glass out of the front tyre last week. It went right through the blue stuff. Do I get some sort of prize?
  • mattrsa
    mattrsa Posts: 143
    i have got some nimbus armadillo which I have had for a few week and they seem very good
    Commuter - Trek 1.2
    Fun - Specialized Rockhopper
  • another +1 for SMP never had a problem with them, II bought them from spa cycles £41 delivered for a pair. http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php ... _-_Touring

Although I have upgraded to schwalbe marathon supreme as they roll just that bit faster, I would also recommend these.