Thank-you

lost_in_thought
lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Very much indeed for the lovely present you all gave me for organizing. I likes it very much.

:D

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Thank you for organising! :)
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Reckon it was pretty good value*. However, if you have any sort of guilt issues that need resolving I'd be happy to help with the liking of your present.

*That means a lot from a Northerner.
  • Lits, it's us that owe you the thanks.

Prospects of that having been organised without you = zero.

Simples!

(thanks, BTW!)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    +1. Cracking job again, you earned it!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Another +1. Top bombing. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Another +1 for the Liv.

How are the hangovers this morning? :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    yes thanks again lit

It's the present that keeps on giving
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Lovely curry :D
    Awesome night - more than deserve it LiT!

No hangover though need more food, which is kinda wrong but oh so right.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Mmm bacon butties, recovery food of the Gods :)
    Misguided Idealist
  • another +1 great evening

no hangover for me, i think the cheeky sleep on the train and brisk cycle back in yokel town sobered me up nicely
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Thanks for organising LIT, didn't actually get to speak to you but met most other people. Good to put a few faces to names, although not sure I can remember many of the real names!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    ....Oh and thanks to IT Boffin for the big smacker on the lips under the mistletoe. Made my Christmas... I think...! :lol: :shock:
  • Thanks for organising LIT, didn't actually get to speak to you but met most other people. Good to put a few faces to names, although not sure I can remember many of the real names!

Aha, so you were the very tall chap! Hello!

Hangover not too bad considering the amount of drinking that was done, need carbs today though!
  • Headhuunter
    Thanks for organising LIT, didn't actually get to speak to you but met most other people. Good to put a few faces to names, although not sure I can remember many of the real names!

Aha, so you were the very tall chap! Hello!

Hangover not too bad considering the amount of drinking that was done, need carbs today though!

Yes. Mark - tall with glasses, not Mark - tall with beard. I think there were at least 3 Marks there! Perhaps I'll get to speak to you next time. I have realised that it's quite easy to get to the Morpeth from Chancery Lane and not to difficult to get back to SE London. Last time I was there in September I made a complete hash of the journey and it seemed a real pain...
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    ....Oh and thanks to IT Boffin for the big smacker on the lips under the mistletoe. Made my Christmas... I think...! :lol: :shock:

Oh the slut, i thought it was just me :wink:

Is there something ITB wants to tell us :shock:

Thanks for organising things LiT, it was a great night. Nursing a hangover now, but maybe that's more to do with the office christmas lunch beforehand
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    By 9am this morning I'd necked three pints of Nuun and it's done a decent job I think!

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone, but it was an excellent night before I got too drunk and coldy to stick around. I know there were at least 4 Marks - CP and HH but also me and BJUK.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Yeah, cheers LiT, cheers everybody.

Not hungover though so clearly didn't drink enough (no, that wasn't me with the bottle of water - you must have me mistaken - these aren't the droids you are looking for - you can go about your business)
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    TommyEss wrote:
    Yeah, cheers LiT, cheers everybody.

Not hungover though so clearly didn't drink enough (no, that wasn't me with the bottle of water - you must have me mistaken - these aren't the droids you are looking for - you can go about your business)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I seeeeeeeeeeeeee. You're the Tom I was speaking to towards the end about cyclo-cross :) . It takes a while for the penny to drop with me sometimes.

And you came from Reading too! Fair play. 8)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Yep, had a great time despite MonkeyMonster's efforts 8) :)

Cheers LiT :wink:
  • Cafewanda wrote:

Outrageous accusations!
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    You deserved it LIT, and does that mean when a yokel comes down you can sign them in sometime in the future? No ideas forming at all here, honest.

Awesome night, even with the typical "I'm drunk so watching boats" and "I'm drunk but not too drunk to run away from IT who has a calculating look and some mistletoe above his head". Though I didn't actually have to run, Headhunter seemed to be already having a breath mint...
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Cafewanda wrote:

Outrageous accusations!

I won't hear a word said against MM he's a kind and considerate lover :? :oops: :roll: :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

Outrageous accusations!

I won't hear a word said against MM he's a kind and considerate lover :? :oops: :roll: :lol:

Partner in crime, anyway.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I echo the kind words that has been said previously.

You deserve it LiT!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • StuAff wrote:
    Partner in crime, anyway.....

Don't think I was hunting people for snogs... Not obviously anyway ;)
  • +10 (by now I think) It was a superb night so a huge thanks LiT for organizing us bunch!
    I managed to get back to Victoria with about 2 1/2 minutes to spare for a train that would stop about 45 seconds ride from my house as opposed to 10 minutes. Grabbed a ticked, ran across the concourse and jumped on as the whistle was being blown!!!

Remarkably considering the amount of cider and the lone wine I had my head was in very good condition the following morning :-) I put it down to the generous portions of curry.

I'm also having flashbacks regarding ITB and the mistletoe........ :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • :D You're all very welcome!

Fun fun fun! I, alas, only managed a couple of photos, some of which are in focus.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Cafewanda wrote:

Outrageous accusations!

You know I love you babe :wink:
  • I used my present to (unwittingly) buy amusingly named whisky - the one on the left is called 'Biting a nurse' and the one on the right 'A day in the saddle'...

The one in the middle is a bit of a mystery!

4228622216_9d253295ea.jpg