scott frame size in inches - Medium

tomvaleo
tomvaleo Posts: 20
edited December 2009 in MTB beginners
hi, does anyone know what size a medium sized scott scale frame is in inches

Comments

• I will have a measure for you later when I get home, where do you need measured?
    So Far!
  • i bought a medium sized frame that the seller said was 19 inch but it looks like a 16 inch.

im 6ft and a 19 inch frame is fine for me

also i havent ridden it yet (xmas pressent)

also its a scott scale 70
  • The frames are different not to sure I will be much help, although I will say I dont expect to be 19 inch more like 17/18 inch.
    So Far!
  • The medium size Scale comes in at around 17.5"

Scott Scale 30 - If that helps.

I'm a 30" inside leg, 5' 9" tall, and the medium is spot-on. Whoever told you a medium is 19" doesn't know what they are talking about!
    Ridley Orion
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    http://scottusa.com/service/files/image ... 9m5995.jpg

seems they have a odd way of lining up there piont "A" and "B" miss leading ?
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    http://scottusa.com/us_en/support/bike/size_chart

6ft = 72 in = 182.88 cm

scotts chart says ......a mid is to small :roll:

just ......
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • Leon, it's difficult to size up from a chart with the Scale frame as it's so stretched out. No way would I buy a Scale without trying it first, it can be a strange fit. I would imagine that someone at 6ft would be on the cusp of medium/large, depending on how long your legs are, and how long is your reach. the top tube is long, the bar is flat, so it throws your weight over the front wheel, which can be adjusted with a decent riser. This is definitely a marmite bike from a fit perspective, and not a bike to be chanced on without trying first.
    Ridley Orion
  • mwcbr
    mwcbr Posts: 17
    i just got a scale 35 medium, 5'10 with 32' inside leg, fits me fine :D
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    Just to go along with the trend, pretty much the same as mwcbr, got the medium and is absolutely fine :)
  • thanks everyone for replying, :D it might be slightly to small but it has a long seat post.

thanks
    tom
  • Is it not easier to go and try one for size?
    So Far!