wrist pain

nash1
nash1 Posts: 5
edited January 2010 in Health, fitness & training
Any ideas on here?
I am suffering with really intense wrist pain , left wrist, on the outside of the wrist around the boney lump thing. Really sharp pain from riding, it is worst when doing tricks and things, but lately just doing some downhill tracks set it off.
It hasn't come about after a fall or anything, I assume it is overuse.
Haven't bin to the docs yet, but will soon, I just wondered if anyone here has any advice?
cheers

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Can't give advice without knowing what it is. See your doctor.
  • go see your doctor, or get an appointment at the next hand/wrist clinic at the hospital, you've probably cracked/bruised your scaphoid. Bugger all you can do about it tbh but get it checked out.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    nash1 wrote:
    Any ideas on here?
    I am suffering with really intense wrist pain ...... I assume it is overuse.
    I just wondered if anyone here has any advice?
    cheers

Snigger :wink:

get to the doc.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Johnp
    Johnp Posts: 51
    Stop sitting on your hand until it goes numb and whacking off like a fifteen year old then!!
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    i may have had something similar: outside part of the left wrist below the boney lump?

never had a problem untill i tried to learn to bunnyhop.

I sprained something badly there when pulling the front end up to hop over a log, really hurt and had to wear a support to drive for a few days; it took about a week to feel better.

i figured this may be one, or a combination of, bad bike set up, poor technique and weak wrist.

Only the left was affected, my -cough- presumabley stronger right wrist was fine.

now using a stress thingy to build up the strength and hopefully getting a powerball for christmass, the bike set up is comfey for everything else i do apart from lifting the front end so maybe technique?

someone told me you dont pull up but push forward and out, not had much sucess with this yet though.
  • I had exactly the same thing (by the sounds of it) the other. It lasted only for about 5 days as I couldnt go riding. I would also advise resting or going to see doc.
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Sounds similar like tennis elbow but in wrist area. You see, I drive for living and when do steer steering wheel, I do sometimes get sharp pain either to left/right wrist , takes at least good 5 days to recover, the same thing happens when I play tennis more than few hours, I twist my wrist on some shots and through high frequency vibrations damage again those funny-tiny joints lol** Seems as most folk saying is to see doctor if your pain persists and take some time off to recover. Once fit ... use power-ball* to strengthen muscles, and most important don't forget to stretch well and heat up before your crazy rides =).
    Wish you a speedy recovery!
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though