Tiur down Under

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Does anyone know if Eurosport are showing this in january,I'm really looking forward to some cycling on TV again.Thanks

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Highlights are normally on Sky Sports
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Highlights on Sky Sports probably.
  • Eurosport have confirmed that they will be showing the Tour Of Qatar, although timings and wether it is live or a highlights package are yet to be confirmed. It is believed that as in 2008 and 2009 Sky will be showing the first race of the season, The Tour Down Under, across Sky Sports 2 and 3 with evening highlights packages on Sky Sports 4 (Formerly Sky Sports Extra).. Again, timings yet to be confirmed.
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Thanks guys looks like I'll have to get sky sports for January!
  • Brian1 wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to some cycling on TV again

Six Days of Zurich--Day 3 coming up LIVE here, but it's not the same as the real thing
    http://www.20min.ch/sport/weitere/story/18221614
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Brian1 wrote:
    Thanks guys looks like I'll have to get sky sports for January!

Woah there. Hold your horses. The Tour Down Under is the only cycling that Sky Sports show all year round, and even then it's only 30 minutes per day - which, if you don't count the intros, interviews, commercial breaks and product placements for some vineyard or beach resort or something, actually amounts to about 15 minutes of badly edited cycling footage. You could probably see more on Youtube.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    afx237vi wrote:
    about 15 minutes of badly edited cycling footage
    Chance would be a fine thing. Going by previous editions, it's likely to be a collection of bunch sprints and so each stage could be compressed into a 90 second package, including 45 seconds' footage of Armstrong.