CONI request 3 year ban for Di Luca

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    edited December 2009
    Curtly put Iain, but bang on!! I kinda liked him as a rider tho, especially in the spring classics.
  • Yeah, 3 years for Di Luca, while Vienna Menchov gets handed Heras's Vuelta title and walks away from the Giro, all nice and pink.
    Gotta love the sport's consistency.

Check out the comments under the article. Some venomous vomit.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Yeah, 3 years for Di Luca, while Vienna Menchov gets handed Heras's Vuelta title and walks away from the Giro, all nice and pink.

So you think Menchov should be stripped of his Giro and Vuelta titles because ....................................?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Yeah, 3 years for Di Luca, while Vienna Menchov gets handed Heras's Vuelta title and walks away from the Giro, all nice and pink.

So you think Menchov should be stripped of his Giro and Vuelta titles because ....................................?

Is that what I said? Thought the post essence was the testing lottery factor.
  • Yeah, 3 years for Di Luca, while Vienna Menchov gets handed Heras's Vuelta title and walks away from the Giro, all nice and pink.

Actually - the comments on there are not as bad as the stuff we get on here. As for the swipes at Greg LeMond being a hypocritc and the imparitality of the testing lab - then they are all valid opinions.

I personally think none of them can be trusted and they all try to cheat if they get the chance or create a news story that wlll make to to l'Equipe quicker than it will to the UCI and ASO.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:

Is that what I said? Thought the post essence was the testing lottery factor.

Its what you are implying you seem to think there is something wrong with Menchov winning that Vuelta and this years Giro................fine if thats what you think but lets have some evidence of wrongdoing....................so over to you ?
  • no evidence as like you we are at the mercy of mis-information, lies and propaganda from all sources...however if you are trying to say Menchov is 'clean' in the purest sense of the word that is laughable.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • No, just taking the Spanish GT. I'm saying Menchov isn't the safest pair of "clean" hands, to pass Heras's Vuelta title to.
    Of course where there should be evidence, there is simply suspicion.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd ... estigation
    And that's my point. The lucky lottery, winner takes all, loser goes down.
    Nothing more.
  • moray_gub
    No, just taking the Spanish GT. I'm saying Menchov isn't the safest pair of "clean" hands, to pass Heras's Vuelta title to.
    Nothing more.

What if the winner has done nothing wrong how is that a lottery then ?
  • moray_gub
    Flanners1 wrote:
    no evidence as like you we are at the mercy of mis-information, lies and propaganda from all sources...however if you are trying to say Menchov is 'clean' in the purest sense of the word that is laughable.

The evidence against him to date is very weak so we gotta consider him clean for now, sure he is dour unadventurous non risk taking kind of rider but that doesnt make him guilty of taking PEDs I think we need a bit more than a link giving info on Thomas Dekker before condemning him.
  • No, just taking the Spanish GT. I'm saying Menchov isn't the safest pair of "clean" hands, to pass Heras's Vuelta title to.
    Nothing more.

I agree a la Pantani, and his subsequent inability to fathom that he had been caught while the rest of the dopers carried on unabated!

Must have been tough for him but a hazard of doping I guess. I think he saw himself as the sacrificial lamb hence his spiral into destruction and an early death.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Yes.
    I would suggest all those riders who have tested positive would consider themselves to have been unlucky.
    Others, who can remain nameless; some anonymous, will probably consider themselves lucky.
    Hence, a lottery.

There is no hidden agenda.
  • moray_gub
    Yes.
    I would suggest all those riders who have tested positive would consider themselves to have been unlucky.
    Others, who can remain nameless; some anonymous, will probably consider themselves lucky.
    Hence, a lottery.

and to balance that some succesful riders will neither consider themselves lucky on this issue nor will they consider it a lottery.
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Yes.
    Hence, a lottery.

and to balance that some succesful riders will neither consider themselves lucky on this issue nor will they consider it a lottery.

Exactly.