OT: Rage against the Cowell

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Fu<k you I wont tidy my bedroom :lol:

Anyways buy the Rage Against the Machine single from itunes or wherever and help give money to shelter the homeless organisation

Here's a little clip from Radio 5 where they say naughty words. "Lets get christmasy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWaX8P1nqyg

Also this clip is rather amusing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Wish I could watch them but +1 to getting this to number 1.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    Have to say I don't see the point

X factor aren't going to sell less records* because of this.
    I'll be 79p (or whatever) down
    Both acts are signed to the same label (or so I've read)
    I

Also I've already downloaded the original Hannah Montana version of 'The Climb' for my daughters MP3. It's really quite catchy.

*use of that one word tells an awful lot about me :oops:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I have bought it and am spreading the word (see the thread on Cake Stop)
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • fury21
    fury21 Posts: 71
    I bought it (RATM)

Personally, I'm somewhere between feeling its just a bit of fun and sticking two fingers up to the X Factor. I don't have anything against Cowell - he's simply found a formula that generates a lot of cash (mostly for himself) - I'm just fed up with TV being ruled by crap phone-vote shows on multiple nights per week. Here's a crazy idea, get some decent script writers and actually make interesting TV shows... I know, I know, why bother when X factor and "Strictly" pull in millions of viewers?

*sigh*

http://ratm4xmas.co.uk/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8418158.stm
    itsnotarace.org - SCR Rules & FCN Calculator
  • Clever Pun

I

Also I've already downloaded the original Hannah Montana version of 'The Climb' for my daughters MP3. It's really quite catchy.

Read my post, your money helps the homeless.....
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    fury21 wrote:
    I bought it (RATM)

Personally, I'm somewhere between feeling its just a bit of fun and sticking two fingers up to the X Factor. I don't have anything against Cowell - he's simply found a formula that generates a lot of cash (mostly for himself) - I'm just fed up with TV being ruled by crap phone-vote shows on multiple nights per week. Here's a crazy idea, get some decent script writers and actually make interesting TV shows... I know, I know, why bother when X factor and "Strictly" pull in millions of viewers?

*sigh*

http://ratm4xmas.co.uk/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8418158.stm

you're right but the problem is tv reality phone in programs are cheap and very profitable and the masses seem to like them *shakes head* each to their own I guess even if they're wrong and grotesquely ugly
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Have to say I don't see the point

I've illegally downloaded both, sticking it to Cowell, Sony & the 'man' in one fell swoop. ;)
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I wish someone had started a get "Cradle of Filth" to Xmas number one.....

But, I am cool with Rage....downloads a plenty. I think Tom Morello has added some support too!
  • Stuey01

True, but it is about denying them the prestigious xmas no.1 they have come to expect.
    if this is significant then feel free not to participate. wouldn't want anyone's kids going hungry.
    I
    True, I don't think the person who started the campaign was aware of this at the time, however I don't think it is about the money as stated above.

:

Each to their own.
  • Have to say I don't see the point

I

It's 29p on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Killing-In-The- ... 388&sr=1-1 not sure why, maybe they want to stick it to Cowell as well!
    26km each way commute on a Decathlon Comp 1 2006 Road Bike

2009 Communting Totals - Car 112 miles Bike 2,765 miles
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,952
    mattybain wrote:
    It's 29p on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Killing-In-The- ... 388&sr=1-1 not sure why, maybe they want to stick it to Cowell as well!

There is potential, due to the price I believe, or maybe just because it is Amazon, that it does not count towards sales figures.

HMV etc defo does apparently.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Both acts aren't signed to the same label.

Yes Sony own both Syco and Epic but they are the labels and Sony is the parent holding company.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    Clever Pun wrote:

I

All of it?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome

I've illegally downloaded both, sticking it to Cowell, Sony & the 'man' in one fell swoop. ;)

I like how you think :D
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Yes Sony own both Syco and Epic but they are the labels and Sony is the parent holding company.

Cowell's income is uneffected

Will Sony be donating their cut to the homeless
  • tailwindhome
    edited December 2009
    Stuey01 wrote:
    'll be 79p (or whatever) down
    if this is significant then feel free not to participate. wouldn't want anyone's kids going hungry.

Now that was sarcasm for no other reason than sarcasm.

It may not be significant, but it is my 79p.

Do I really want to spend it so that one record sells more than another record?

Is this not the mentally of those who vote for the Jedward's of this world.

Stuey wrote:
    True, but it is about denying them the prestigious xmas no.1 they have come to expect.

I think you have this the worng way round. The Xmas number one isn't the objective, selling the record is

Labels desire the christmas number one in order to promote sales of their singles, like winning an oscar promotes a film.

In fact X Factor sales can only be increased by this campaign
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    DonDaddyD wrote:

no but ratm have said they will donate a percentage of the income from the sales this christmas to a charity supporting young impoverished musicians....

no bad thing in light of the death of music caused by xfactor and the like.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's not the point. If your point/argument is about both acts being signed to the same label and therefore any efforts taken don't matter. They aren't signed to the same label, which is the point I'm making.

Personally, for me this isn't even about money its about me supporting a song I love and calling for diversity within the music charts. Cowell has millions on our vote, now I'm voting. Rage!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 wrote:
    'll be 79p (or whatever) down

Now that was sarcasm for no other reason than sarcasm.

It may not be significant, but it is my 79p.

Do I really want to spend it so that one record sells more than another record?

Is this not the mentally of those who vote for the Jedward's of this world.

Fair cop, it was a bit harsh. It is your 79p, if you don't want to spend it on this then don't. Why you feel the need to post repeatedly about it I do not know.
  • tailwindhome
    Stuey01 wrote:
    Why you feel the need to post repeatedly about it I do not know.

I was only replying to other posters.

I do recognise a pointless bit of craic when I see it :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

I

All of it?

yes, it's hardly lengthy, I don't do storybook DDD style posts, got other things to be doing plus the links are amusing
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's not the point. If your point/argument is about both acts being signed to the same label and therefore any efforts taken don't matter. They aren't signed to the same label, which is the point I'm making.

Personally, for me this isn't even about money its about me supporting a song I love and calling for diversity within the music charts. Cowell has millions on our vote, now I'm voting. Rage!

Are the labels not just brand names owned by the same company?

I'm not sure I get the point in bold. The music charts have been irrelevant to most people for years, and I'm sure you don't listen to the radio stations whose playlists would be driven by them.

But hey. Each to their own and all that.

If a charity benefits , all well and good :D
  • DonDaddyD
    edited December 2009
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

I

All of it?

yes, it's hardly lengthy, I don't do storybook DDD style posts, got other things to be doing plus the links are amusing

F*ck you I won't do what you tell me!!!!!

:lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Are the labels not just brand names owned by the same company?

Officially, Epic and Syco are record labels, the parent company is Sony.

Much like Opel, Holden and Vauxhall are car manufacturers and their parent company is GM motors.
    I'm not sure I get the point in bold. The music charts have been irrelevant to most people for years, and I'm sure you don't listen to the radio stations whose playlists would be driven by them.

Doesn't matter how long the charts have been in the state they are in, I've remember when they were relevant and its things like X-factor that in my opinion have made the irrelevant. As much as I like the X-factor finals the subsequent songs and promised number 1's has made the charts, radio stations and the like boring. Supporting this, voting makes things exciting.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

I

All of it?

Buy stuff
    Read stuff
    Click stuff

You don't ask much do you?
  • As far as I can tell the whole thing is just about relieving the tedium of X Factor being Xmas No. 1 every year, the song choice is irrelevant (though having one with the F-word in it makes my inner school boy snigger.) It always used to be part of Xmas seeing who would get the No. 1. It is quite funny to look at Cowells statement that he doesn't care about the Xmas No.1 though, why else does he release them at this time??
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    What does it need to be other than a bit of fun?

I love that the community can come together and push a song up the charts, one that was released ages ago, to stick two fingers up at the current state of play that they find annoying! Wouldn't have been possible (and, much more expensive) when all singles were physical entities.#

Bring it on :D
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Just bought RATM from iTunes...

It's currently iTunes' top song, placing Joe McElderberry or whatever his name is into second...
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    As much as I like the X-factor finals ...

Burn him! Burn the heretic! :twisted:
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Simon Cowell is making mugs of all you buying either record.

This so called race means he wins as he owns both record labels. The increased sales in the race makes him more money
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666