Guess the forks...

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Wrong arch for a Gila as has been said (the Gila arch is one curve not a flattened top), almost certainly the XCR.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tavyabe
    tavyabe Posts: 283
    almost certainly the XCR.

I thought it we had concluded Raidon, so why XCR over Raidon?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Wrong arch for a Gila as has been said (the Gila arch is one curve not a flattened top), almost certainly the XCR.

Simon

I hate to muddy the waters but:
    http://www.rst.com.tw/ct/product/produc ... 9545147420
  • tavyabe
    bang on on the arch Alex but the knobs are all wrong... think Raidon is still the front runner
  • Alex
    But the lowers are all wrong for the travel and vice versa on the Raidon.

And why would someone intentionally buy a Raidon to put on the front of their hardrock?
  • tavyabe
    true, it also has hope discs mavic rims shimano hubs xtr front mech hope skewers - the suntours are out of place on the whole setup.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edit- No, shut up NW, complete crap
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Alex
    tavyabe wrote:
    true, it also has hope discs mavic rims shimano hubs xtr front mech hope skewers - the suntours are out of place on the whole setup.

Which makes me think they're the one bit the previous owner didn't change.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Alex wrote:
    See my subsequent post.

And I'm still not 100% on what it is supposed to be.

A Gila would have made sense. The raidon does not.

i know...it was tongue in cheek! :D

does look a lot like that last gila you linked to though....

and the last thing to be upgraded makes kinda sense as well....

although if it really is 130mm fork then that is even weirder, because specialized do not recomend anything bigger than a 100mm on the hardrock...they wouldn't actually tell me what the travel limit for warranty was...tey just said don't increase it...so would be strange for a 130mm fork to be the original equipment.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Alex
    This is true.

Y'know what Tavyabe, just take the fox stickers off and list it as a Suntour Raidon. If we, as a collection of MTB parts whores and spec geeks, can't work out what the devil it actually is, the type of muppet who is actually going to buy it hasn't got a hope.
  • Northwind
    I was in the middle of saying it looks exactly like an epicon, which would make some sense, but then I realised that while it does, the tops are different. Yet very similiar.

It could be that the seller just stuck on whatever fork they had lying around, so it doesn't neccesarily have to make any sense as part of the build. I mean, the build itself makes no sense on that frame.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    I doubt it is the original forks - even if they don't have 130mm of travel, the stanchions are still 130mm, making the front end 30mm higher so the shop probably didn't put them on. Raidon's seem likely, since i have xcrs and they have lockout aswell as preload, and i don't think they come in 130mm
  • Northwind
    XCRs are long for 120mm mind, only about 4mm shorter than my 130mm Rockshox.

Alex is right though, it probably doesn't matter. Either way, whether they're XCRs or Raidons or whatever else, they're destickered, visible worn budget forks and so worth about a pound.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Im surprised Super or Nick haven't said anything yet. Normally all you need to show is a close up of a washer or something and they're straight on it.
  • WOOOO i win lol, I am dead certain on raidons,
    If they are anything like my mates they will hardly compress hehe
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    who cares what they are anyway ?
    you'll probably get no more than a tenner for them , theres 1000's of cheapo forks on ebay at any one time
    the're be 1000's more after xmas :lol:
  • tavyabe
    biff55 wrote:
    who cares what they are anyway ?
    you'll probably get no more than a tenner for them , theres 1000's of cheapo forks on ebay at any one time
    the're be 1000's more after xmas :lol:

Sorry scrooge :)

They may have got me a tenner when I didn't know what they were but now I know I'm expecting a cool 20-30 - family's gonna have an awesome christmas now :)
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    i'll see u in pound stretcher then while i do my xmas shopping
    :wink: