A morning to try my patience, but still feeling positive

hisoka
hisoka Posts: 541
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
So the day starts off with me getting up too early, can't sleep so decide I might as well head into work early as I have a ton of things to do.
Get downstairs, shake my head remembering someone has nicked my high vis vest from work yesterday (so angry about that from a changing room, hard to find things in my size that are suitable to ride a bike in).
And somehow my rear mech is broken, it is hanging off and I am really confused. Then I see the badly written note on my saddle. Basically a sorry for the damage and that it will be replaced, seems someone in my house has managed to damage my rear mech, how I don't even want to ask.
So I have to replace with a spare but wrong mech I have. Therefore I am now unable to use some of my gears (anything high or lower then mid range really), it is skipping a bit and I can't put down the power I am used to.
End up getting to work a bit late with that but some morning fettling is fine. Just got to get another £60 for new rear mech that is suitable, and I know it won't be here in time for Charlies visit to the big city!
Oh well, the day isn't all bad so I can survive some minor setbacks.

Thought I would say that, also to say "bring on Friday" :lol:
"This area left purposefully blank"
Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)

Comments

• Do you not have an option to wire the bike up to the mains in the evening??
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Do you not have an option to wire the bike up to the mains in the evening??

Tempting but not really, and knowing me I would forget come the morning and fry myself.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)