Cervelo SLC-SL stolen? check here

maryka
maryka Posts: 748
edited December 2009 in Road stolen
http://www.gumtree.com/london/31/51249531.html

Looks very suspicious. If the guy knows so much about this bike and is really a sponsored athlete, he'd know that it's worth about 3 times that. :(

Hope the original owner sees this ad and somehow tracks that guy down.

Comments

• jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    if s/he is a sponsored rider why has the bike still got the CSC stickers on it?
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    team sponsorship requirements for next season don't allow me to keep it

:wink:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    He is selling it really cheaply but I don't see the problem with the ad to be honest apart from the fact that he hasn't put the sizing.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    edited December 2009
    The ad looks well dodgy. Gorgeous bike though and worth a lot more than £1,200. Surely if sponsorship arrangements don't allow him/her to keep the bike he/she would have to return it, not flog it off and keep the money for themselves? It's not his/hers to sell?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dilemna
    gabriel959 wrote:
    He is selling it really cheaply but I don't see the problem with the ad to be honest apart from the fact that he hasn't put the sizing.

He has 56cm.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    dilemna wrote:
    The ad looks well dodgy. Surely if sponsorship arrangements don't allow him/her to keep the bike he/she would have to return it, not flog it off and keep the money for themselves? It's not his/hers to sell?

Maybe he or she bought the bike and will be sponsored next season so doesnt need it.

Maybe it is cheap because they are being provided with a bike so are not looking to buy a new one.

Maybe it is stolen and they want to get rid of it.

Who knows?
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    Anyway....

The reason I posted this is so anyone trying to recover a stolen SLC-SL via Google will see this and maybe get their bike back (if it is indeed theirs).

As the victim of a recent bike theft, I'm taking the pro-active approach to besting bike thieves by posting a suspicious looking Gumtree ad here on the Bike Radar Stolen forum. I wish others would do the same.

If the seller is legit, he/she has nothing to worry about and would certainly understand our concern that the bike seems to be a steal of a buy (pardon the pun).
  • dilemna
    maryka wrote:
    Anyway....

The reason I posted this is so anyone trying to recover a stolen SLC-SL via Google will see this and maybe get their bike back (if it is indeed theirs).

As the victim of a recent bike theft, I'm taking the pro-active approach to besting bike thieves by posting a suspicious looking Gumtree ad here on the Bike Radar Stolen forum. I wish others would do the same.

If the seller is legit, he/she has nothing to worry about and would certainly understand our concern that the bike seems to be a steal of a buy (pardon the pun).

When purchasing any item that is or turns out to be stolen it is not legally yours and you always run the risk of the legal owner tracing it and relieving you of it. You are then minus the bike plus your cash. You could also be guilty of handling stolen goods were you to ignore obvious signs that the item was stolen or did not make adequate enquiries as to the item's provenance when any reasonable person would have.