Saddle bag

artaxerxes
artaxerxes Posts: 612
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi
I was thinking of getting one of these Topeak saddle bags in the small size, as one of the reviewers mentioned that it was big enough for cycling gear plus phone. Do any of you have one and can you actually get a multi-tool, spare inner tube, tyre levers, wallet and phone into them?
I'd appreciate any alternatives too, as long as they don't get in the way as you cycle.

Thanks

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited December 2009
    I've got one of these. Can't remember what size though sorry.

Currently have a spare tube, some rubber bits, small puncture repair tub, tyre levels and a few loose allen keys inside.

Not sure you'd get the wallet and phone in, unless real small. Wouldn't dare leave my iphone in there mind, rattles around constantly.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    In size small I have:

3x pedros tyre levers
    1x tube
    3x crank brother multitool
    1x spoke key
    cable ties

Still more space, could probably fit a phone (but putting a phone in your saddle bag is foolish anyway), but theres no way a wallet would fit.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I have the small version and really like it. Multi-tool, spare tube, levers, keys and a few small bits and pieces. No room for phone or wallet, I keep them zipped in my pocket anyway. Mrs. Boat has the next size up from the small, she can fit a phone and prob a smallish wallet.
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've got a small Ortlieb Mud Racer, which holds:

2 tyre levers
    Inner tube
    Multitool
    Puncture repair kit
    CO2 inflator
    Montane Featherlite Jacket

If it didn't have the jacket, it could probably take a wallet and phone (they go in jersey pockets).
  • Thanks, I'll have a look at this Ortlieb Mud Racer. It looks like what I am looking for.