Trimming of hedges that aline Country roads ...

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
If anyone has ever experienced withnessing a Council tractor .. cutting hedges ... Why do they not have a another vehicle .. like a mini roadsweeper to gather up all the debris such as hawthorn bushes .. and bramble bushes ...

If the Council has any actual brain cells I wouldn't be posting this topic .. .

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Because it costs more and because the thorns don't puncture car tyres? Cyclists don;t usually matter....
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Because it costs more and because the thorns don't puncture car tyres? Cyclists don;t usually matter....

...or complain... Try calling the Council and moaning, or the farmers, if it was them.
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    I'm sure I recall a farmer getting fined for this - there's something like £1000 penalty for not clearing up the clippings.
  • @BM You are correct, I read an article about a lady with severe mobility difficulties who was riding a recumbent. Farmer/contractor was trimming hedges and she sustained a double deflation, her phone didn't work and she was placed in a life-threatening situation which the court decided was due to the actions of the farmer/contactor. Apparently there is a duty, on the part of the operative, to clean the mess up. :shock:

I have just ordered some "bomb-proof" tyres from Mr Wiggle as I have suffered enough this autumn/winter :( The rubbish on the lanes around here is dreadful.
    The older I get the faster I was