Your Hopes For The 2010 Season...

2»

Comments

• Stuey Ogrady to win Flanders
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • I hope Tom Boonen wins everything.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    TornadoTom wrote:
    I hope Tom Boonen wins everything.

Good man! 8)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Podium finish in PTP 2010 :) .
    Just missed out this year, of course Gilbert was going to win Lombardy, of course he was!!! :(
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Speaking of the PTP....

I hope, though I doubt many people would agree, that one day races get a bigger weighting.

A win in, say, Roubaix should be worth more than an overall win in the Criterium international or the tour of Romandie or even the Eneco tour?

There was also a lack of early seanson one day races like Het Niewsblad, Kuurne/Brussels/Kuurne,E3 braabantse pijl, etc...

Then again, since AFX does it for free off his own back s I can hardly complain!

But still...... Food for thought?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Thats about as likely as me becoming a sheep :lol:

A man can dream.......especially on here! 8)

Well i never...........who would have thought that me becoming a sheep was so important to you :wink:

He just wants to see you getting taken roughly from behind by a mountain man.
    Dan
  • Tom Boonen to win Paris-Roubaix and Tour of Flanders
    Lance to win 8th TdF (just to shut the doom mongers up)
    Cav for points classification in TdF
    Cuddles to win something (anything!!!)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • I'd love to see Cancellara do a "Twiggo" and go for the tour GC. If Wiggins can transfer his pursuiting power, imagine what Fab could do if he lost enough weight...
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2009
    I want evans to win a grand tour - Veulta or Giro would be nice as i thought he was cheated with the wheel change this year.
    Another Roubaix like last year - F*ck me Boonen was great. Best race of 2009 IMO
    Would like to see some competition for Cav - cant see it though(for years)
    Basso to win the Giro(doubt it though but he played it well for his 1st year back clean and Evans , Menchov etc)
    I would like to see what A Schleck will do - He was impressive in TDF
    Would like Wiggo to have another good year

That should do for starters
    Brian B.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    teagar wrote:
    Speaking of the PTP....

I hope, though I doubt many people would agree, that one day races get a bigger weighting.

A win in, say, Roubaix should be worth more than an overall win in the Criterium international or the tour of Romandie or even the Eneco tour?

There was also a lack of early seanson one day races like Het Niewsblad, Kuurne/Brussels/Kuurne,E3 braabantse pijl, etc...

Then again, since AFX does it for free off his own back s I can hardly complain!

But still...... Food for thought?

Well we've had Het Nieuwsblad (Het Volk) for a couple of years now, but March / April is already quite busy with Paris-Nice, T-A, then the bigger classics.

I think the thing to note about the classics is that there are a lot of them, meaning you can pick up a lot of points in a relatively short amount of time. Just looking at April 2009 there were 300 points available just for one-day races, plus we have Pais-Vasco. For the Giro overall you only get 85 (although, granted, you can get another big stack of points for stage winners.)

I'd be interested in hearing other views, but IMO I think April is busy enough. Maybe we could fit in E3 though, which is on the same weekend as the Crit Int.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    afx237vi wrote:
    I'd be interested in hearing other views, but IMO I think April is busy enough. Maybe we could fit in E3 though, which is on the same weekend as the Crit Int.

I would be in favour of that - it's somewhat odd to be doing races like Crit International and Pais Vasco and think about TdF GC riders when you're in full classics season. Adding E3 would be great. But then, the Tour of Catalunya is now also in that weekend, and Pro Tour.... Maybe extra reason to reconsider Criterium International, also after last year's DNS-fest?
    Or Brabantse Pijl, which now sits nicely between Paris-Roubaix and Amstel Gold?