Pins and needles from saddle???

blaina
blaina Posts: 4
edited December 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Anybody else had pins and needles in their legs (or anything similar) from riding? Last week after a two hour long commute I kept getting these numb/pins and needles type sensations which originate at the very top of my thighs and shoot down to my feet and then pass. The whole sensation lasts about 1-2 seconds and it's not painful just a weird sensation. I did another 2 hour commute last night and I kept having these 1-2 second waves of pins and needles for most of the ride home. It felt like the bike (aluminium mountain bike with skinny road tyres) was vibrating much more than usual - I did check for any cracks in the frame but couldn't see anyhing (although it was dark). As such, I can only assume I've trapped a nerve or something during my ride last week - must have had a hard impact on the saddle (although I don't recall that happening). A bit odd though as I've been riding for around 10 years and have never had any problems before. I've had this particular bike (and saddle) for around 3 years and probably average 75 miles a week on it, so it's a bit odd that it's now causing grief to my nether regions! Anyone else had similar problem and if so did you just give it a rest for a few weeks?

Comments

• sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Only ever had one case of pins n needles and that was in the hands. A couple of weeks ago I got caught in a real downpour and was wearing the wrong gloves. Wtihin minutes they were soaked through and my hands were so cold I couldn't grip the bars or brake properly.

Completely my fault for wearing the wrong gear.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I went out for a ride the other day and had a simular sensation but I think it may have been cramp, as you say, not horrible but wierd