How to humiliate your boss and make him look like a prat(OT)

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Goes a little like this:

Boss is: arrogant, not particulalrly bright, been promoted out of his capability and simply does not do the job he has been asked to do.

Consequently, he has sent out a few e-mails to members of my team that are simply demeaning and serve no other puprose than massaging his own ego.....i.e. bullying.

Collect e-mails/text messages and so on then arrange a meeting with a high level pier group to discuss team issues. Take your boss apart piece by piece and watch him squirm and hang himself by using the word "Perception" every minute.

He is now working from home today and has not started harassing me as he usually does at 8am.

Happy to report that the business are considering moving him from his current post as they feel his capabilities are more matched to a different role.

Happy Xmas M*therf*cker - you made our lives a misery for 2 years!

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    gtvlusso wrote:
    ....arrange a meeting with a high level pier group to discuss team issues. ....

Do you work at the seaside? :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    Boss is: arrogant, not particulalrly bright, been promoted out of his capability and simply does not do the job he has been asked to do.

Do you work in the same company as me? :shock:

nicely done though :)
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Some one or some peeps on high must have placed him in that role ....................

You could be inadvertantly rubbing their noses in it so to speak, the noses of the high people that is. Still satisfying though if he has been as bad as you give the impression he has been. You are now a marked man, be wary.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'd say 'well done' if this was carried out in such a way that he couldn't point the finger at you. If not, backwatching might be a good tactic to employ.
  • Is THIS your boss?
    DilbertBoss2.jpg
  • gtvlusso
    Done enough backwatching!

Where I work has gone from a great company to an absolute sack of lard in 3 easy steps....incapable management (i.e. loud people who self promote, but in reality know and do nothing extraordinary), lack of incentive (no training or payrises) and simply no interest in atcually sorting out issues or problems....

They do it to themselves, quite nice to watch them burn!
  • Until you lose your job that is...

I'm working on building my job in a bike shop, until I get either management position or professional mechanic training or both.

See www.cyclearound.co.uk :wink:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    gtvlusso wrote:

Where I work has gone from a great company to an absolute sack of lard in 3 easy steps....incapable management (i.e. loud people who self promote, but in reality know and do nothing extraordinary), lack of incentive (no training or payrises) and simply no interest in atcually sorting out issues or problems....

DId some good people leave then?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • gtvlusso
    dilemna wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

DId some good people leave then?

Sadly - yes, some very good people.....
  • bd12mz
    bd12mz Posts: 79
    edited December 2009
    sounds like the kind of person who gets promoted out of a position where they could do a lot of damage.
    I have seen quite a lot of that over the years.
    spineless higher management unwilling to deal with a difficult employee end up just pushing them along to 'greatness' by internal promotion.

eventually the person goes off with long term stress related illness (due to not understanding their role and not an inkling how how to manage others to help them) and gets a fat pay off when terminated.

wonder if anyone ever attempted a frank one to one with him.
  • bd12mz
    bd12mz Posts: 79
    edited December 2009
    argh - double post :(
  • Until you lose your job that is...

I'm working on building my job in a bike shop, until I get either management position or professional mechanic training or both.

See www.cyclearound.co.uk :wink:

You can't go round ignoring/accepting management acting like nobs.

Whilst "building your job" you should raise anything that you might see becoming an issue in a non-threatening/aggressive/judmental way, otherwise you will keep subjecting yourself to misery and you won't want to or even be able to make any further progress. Stay true to your beliefs, life is too short to waste the best part of it allowing other people to make you miserable! Keep buying British and maybe, just maybe the economy might turn itself around into something useful and then you might be able to exercise your discretion and pick and choose from a number of good jobs, admittedly not much chance at the moment.
  • Well done on getting things sorted, shame you had to wait two years, but at least those of you left all stood together and got a positive result! :)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Goes a little like this:

Consequently, he has sent out a few e-mails to members of my team that are simply demeaning and serve no other puprose than massaging his own ego.....i.e. bullying.

Collect e-mails/text messages and so on then arrange a meeting with a high level pier group to discuss team issues. Take your boss apart piece by piece and watch him squirm and hang himself by using the word "Perception" every minute.

He is now working from home today and has not started harassing me as he usually does at 8am.

Happy to report that the business are considering moving him from his current post as they feel his capabilities are more matched to a different role.

Happy Xmas M*therf*cker - you made our lives a misery for 2 years!

Result 8) 8) 8)
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    What can I say, after 2 months in a job with a bitch of a boss, unfounded criticism every day until I left, I was glad to leave my previous job myself and just be out of it.

Far more rewarding if you can to find a job where you can be properly paid, respected and do a good job.

I would pity the ones who were left behind but frankly if they want to put up with a nagging bullying boss thats their problem.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....