Anyone got the Ergon GR2?

clwydian_rider92
clwydian_rider92 Posts: 416
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Ive been wanting to get bar ends for a while mainly to help me on long uphill climbs. However I came across the Ergon's and the design looks really good. However I would still like to do alot trail centre riding such as Coed Y Brenin etc so should I stick with normal grips and get bar ends seperately so i still have maximum grip performance?

Replies much appreciated!
Giant XTC SE 2006
Cube LTD Race 2009
Trek Fuel EX 9

Comments

• I have slightly older versions with shorter grips at the end, they are good. Reduce sore hands on long rides however I haven't really used them much off road as they are on my hardtails which are mainly dedicated to road duties.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I have some in the garage, used them until recently - very comfy with lots of hand positions without any bits to stick in your hands. They aren't too bulky and much better than normal bar ends but the do add width to your bars, I only changed them after buying my new risers.
  • very good, i'd go for the stubbie ones, pretty much perfect if you suffer from knackered wrists or sore hands.
  • Ive used these grips for the last 2 years with no troubles at all. I find them very comfortable and offer me a wide variety of positions for my hands. They have also saved my fingers from some nasty tree bites too on the odd occasion. I've used them at Coed y Brenin and the Marin trail in Betws with no problems at all, they didnt get in the way or hinder my ride.
    Wow great ship man. Looks like a fish, flies like a fish, steers like a cow.

HECKLER
    exercise.png
  • I use the GX2 which has the same shape barend. It is very good.